- City sightseeing
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 8
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Tour Peles Castle, the former summer residence of the Romanian royal family
- Visit Bran Castle, popularly called 'Dracula's Castle'
- Explore Sighisoara, the last inhabited citadel in Europe
- Visit Biertan, a UNESCOdesignated village with fortified churches
Head for Transylvania on the first day of your tour. Visit Peles Castle, the famous Bran Castle, and the Rasnov Fortress. Drive to Brasov as the night falls and take a walking tour of the town. The second day will take you to Fagaras and Rupea Citadels and the Crit Village before you head to Sighisoara, where you will spend your night.
Visit some of Transylvania's ancient Saxon settlements, such as the ones in Brasov and Richis, on the last two days of your tour. Take a trip to the largest medieval castle in Romania, Corvin, as well as the cities of Sibiu and Alba Iulia.
Day 1: Bucharest – Peles & Bran Castles – Rasnov - Brasov
Day 2: Brasov – Fagaras Citadel – Rupea – Crit – Sighisoara
Day 3: Sighisoara – Richis – Biertan – Alba Iulia – Sibiu
Day 4: Hunedoara – Sibiu – Curtea de Arges – Bucharest
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Bucharest
- Accommodation for 3 nights in a 3 star hotel (shared rooms)
- Private, English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees for the places as per the itinerary
- One traditional lunch
- A ride in a horse-drawn carriage
- A workshop about medieval craft
- Transport by private car/coach
- Airline tickets
- Travel insurance
- Meals and alcoholic beverages other than the ones mentioned in the itinerary
- Single supplement and hotel upgrade (available, please contact the tour operator by clicking on the blue 'Make An Enquiry' button on the top right of the page)
- Entrance fees to other monuments/sights than those mentioned on the itinerary
- Photography fees
- Tips for guide/driver
- Various expenses such as room service, beverages, personal calls, souvenirs, etc
- Earn US$ 23+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour will not have larger group sizes than maximum 6 to 8 people to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.