- Sightseeing tour
- Local culture
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 16+ years old
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit Bucharest, known as the "little Paris of the East"
- Explore Sibiu, the 2007 European Cultural Capital and 2019 European Gastronomy Region
- Discover the stunning painted monasteries of Bucovina
- Visit the world famous "Dracula" Bran Castle
The journey starts in the Romanian capital of Bucharest and continues on to Sibiu, the award-winning European Capital of Culture in 2007, to the medieval towns and fortified churches founded by German colonists. Discover the world-famous painted Orthodox monasteries of Bukovina, including Voronet Monastery, the "Sistine Chapel of the East", to Brasov and to the breathtaking castles Peles and Dracula. Typical food, encounters with the locals, folklore and many authentic experiences are not be missed.
The tour includes accommodation, most meals, transportation, entrance fees, and a professional guide.
Day 1: Arrival in Bucharest
Day 2: Bucharest - Sibiu
Day 3: Sibiu - Medias - Biertan - Sighisoara
Day 4: Sighisoara - Targu Mures - Bistrita - Gura Humorului
Day 5: Gura Humorului - Piatra Neamt
Day 6: Piatra Neamt - Prejmer - Brasov
Day 7: Brasov - Bran - Sinaia - Bucharest
Day 8: Departure
- Meals: 7 breakfasts and 7 dinners including traditional dinner with brandy and wine in the village of Sibiel and farewell dinner in a traditional restaurant in Bucharest with folklore show and wine
- Accommodation: 7 nights in very good 4-star hotels
- Professional, English-speaking guide throughout the trip
- Transportation by modern vehicle throughout the entire tour including airport transfers
- All entrance fees to sites listed on itinerary
- Single room supplement
- Tips and gratuities
- Other meals and drinks than specified
- Flight tickets
- Earn US$ 41+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.