- Local culture
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Local boat rides
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover the incredible biodiversity of Romania’s remote Danube Delta. Take a boat through this unique ecosystem to where the river meets the Black Sea, and observe the traditional daily life of its remote communities
- Spend time in the leastvisited corner of Moldova – itself the leastvisited country in Europe – in a breakaway strip of land called Gagauzia that highlights the complex cultural and historical diversity of this region
- Moldova is famous for its wine, so sample the local tipple during a guided tour of Mileștii Mici, sitting on top of 200km of underground cellar tunnels, making it the largest quality wine collection in the world
- Become one of the few travellers to visit Transnistria, a breakaway republic in eastern Moldova, where Soviet values are still upheld and locals continue their fight for independence
Welcome to Bessarabia, a land so remote that tourism is yet to get a foothold. Escape the tourist crowds on this unique trip to Eastern Romania, Moldova and the Black Sea Coast of Ukraine. From the breakaway republic of Transnistria – where Soviet values persist – to the eerie wastelands of Chernobyl, the site of the world's worst nuclear disaster, this itinerary showcases some of the least visited sights in Europe. Get ready for an adventure.
Bucharest / Tulcea
Danube Delta / Tulcea
Valeni / Comrat
Milestii Mici / Chisinau
Orhei / Chisinau
Bender / Tiraspol
Odessa / Overnight Train
Chernobyl / Kiev
- Hotel (11 nights), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 11 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches
- Train , Local bus , Private vehicle , Taxi , Boat , Overnight train
- An expert tour leader
- Danube Delta - Full Day Boat Trip
- Danube Delta - Local Village Lunch
- Valeni - Traditional Lunch & Music
- Milestii Mici - Winery Visit & Wine Tasting
- Orhei - Day Trip with Local Guide
- Orhei - Orheiul Vechi Monastery
- Orhei - Local Lunch at Family House
- Bender - Tighina Fortress with Local Guide
- Bender - Half Day Trip by Trolley Bus
- Kiev - City Walking Tour with Local Guide
- Chernobyl - Full Day Trip to the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone
- Any international flights to Bucharest and from Kyiv are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Moldova, Ukraine & Romania Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 92+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Moldova, Ukraine & Romania Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 03 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 03 June 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Moldova, Ukraine & Romania Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Moldova, Ukraine & Romania Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Please remember that on the Chernobyl day tour you will be exposed to some radioactivity. Given the short amount of time you'll spend in the area, radiation levels shouldn't be harmful or unsafe (just don't go touching lots of stuff). Long-sleeved clothes and closed shoes are essential. Still, if this is of concern to you, you are free to opt out of this activity. Please also note that the army effectively regulates visits to Chernobyl's Exclusion Zone, so last minute alterations can impact the itinerary.
- The security situation in Transnistria is unpredictable as the region is not under Moldovan control, and tensions may be heightened reflecting developments in eastern Ukraine. Many Western countries do not have an embassy or consulate in Moldova. Usually embassies in Russia or Romania provide consular assistance to travellers in Moldova, however they do not have any recourse inside the territory of Transnistria, and will only be of very limited or no assistance in the case of an emergency. Medical care is almost non-existent in Transnistria, especially for non-citizens. Please choose carefully when shopping for your travel health insurance, and make sure it is valid in Transnistria. Please also be aware that international credit/debit cards and traveller's cheques are not accepted anywhere in Transnistria.
- Summer temperatures can be extreme in many of the regions visited on this trip (over 40°C). It’s important to use sun protection, wear layers to combat the heat and drink plenty of water. Please carefully consider the time of the year you wish to travel and your suitability to that season.
- As accommodation on this trip is twin-share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same sex. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can. However, if you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement is available at an additional charge. Please ask your travel consultant for more details. Hotels in Europe often don't have double beds, but rather two single beds that can be pushed together. Please also note that some accommodation on this trip offer shared bathrooms rather than en-suite facilities.
- If you have more time to explore the region you can extend your trip by starting your travels in Budapest, taking in the best of Romania before heading towards Moldova. Check out our trip 'Eastern Europe in Depth' (trip code WMSVC). Most departure dates are designed to create these perfect combination trips.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Finish point description
Finish point instructions