- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle through ancient villages and isolated landscapes
- Visit UNESCO citadels and fortified churches
- Experience mediaeval Transylvania and modern Bucharest
Transylvania is one of the most emotive place names. Much of the focus is on Bram Stoker’s creation and the bloodthirsty Prince Vlad III or Vlad the Impaler, upon whom he was loosely based. However, the region offers a fascinating mix of cultural influences, from the Saxons to the raiding Tatars and Ottomans. The natural diversity and beauty of the region is also key to capturing the imagination as castles and churches are framed by the imposing Carpathian and Faguras Mountains. The best seat from which to view all this is that of a bicycle, allowing us to soak up the tranquillity and majesty of the landscape at a pace that means we can enjoy the hidden stories and places along the way.We finish with time in Bucharest, once the seat of communist power but still with enough left to remind visitors why it was once known as ‘the Paris of the East’.
Day 1: Start Bucharest.
Day 2: Ride to Bucium, stopping at Ohaba flower mill en route
Day 3: Cycle to Carta at the foot of the Fagaras Mountains.
Day 4: Cycle to Biertan; visit the UNESCO church.
Day 5: Visit the fascinating Citadel of Sighisoara.
Day 6: Cycle trough quaint villages and pastures to Soars.
Day 7: Cycle to Viscri; explore the town and fortified church.
Day 8: Morning transfer to Bran Castle for a tour; transfer to Bucharest.
Day 9: The tour ends in Bucharest.
- 6 nights guesthouses, 2 night hotel with en suite facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners
- 6 days cycling with partial vehicle support (limited seats)
- (if booking flight inclusive)
- 80% tarmac roads, 20% hard pack dirt paths
- Scenic route, some climbs to be expected
- Group normally 4 to 14 plus leader, min age 16 yrs
- Cycling guide throughout
- Local bike hire with one pannier bag
- Any international flights to/from Bucharest are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Romania tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 66+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Romania tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 188 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 06 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycle Romania tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Romania tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.