- Bicycle tour
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cycle through ancient villages and isolated landscapesVisit UNESCO citadels and fortified churches Experience mediaeval Transylvania and modern Bucharest
Transylvania is one of the most emotive place names. Much of the focus is on Bram Stoker’s creation and the bloodthirsty Prince Vlad III or Vlad the Impaler, upon whom he was loosely based. However, the region offers a fascinating mix of cultural influences, from the Saxons to the raiding Tatars and Ottomans. The natural diversity and beauty of the region is also key to capturing the imagination as castles and churches are framed by the imposing Carpathian and Faguras Mountains. The best seat from which to view all this is that of a bicycle, allowing us to soak up the tranquillity and majesty of the landscape at a pace that means we can enjoy the hidden stories and places along the way. We finish with time in Bucharest, once the seat of communist power but still with enough left to remind visitors why it was once known as ‘the Paris of the East’.
Day 1: Start Bucharest.
Day 2: Ride to Bucium, stopping at Ohaba flower mill en route
Day 3: Cycle to Carta at the foot of the Fagaras Mountains.
Day 4: Cycle to Biertan; visit the UNESCO church.
Day 5: Visit the fascinating Citadel of Sighisoara.
Day 6: Cycle trough quaint villages and pastures to Soars.
Day 7: Cycle to Viscri; explore the town and fortified church.
Day 8: Free day in Bucharest
Day 9: The tour ends in Bucharest.
- 6 nights guesthouses, 2 night hotel with en suite facilities ,All accommodation (if booking flight inclusive)
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners
- 6 days cycling with partial vehicle support (limited seats) 80% tarmac roads, 20% hard pack dirt paths
- Scenic route, some climbs to be expected Group normally 4 to 14 plus leader, min age 16 yrs,Cycling guide throughout Local bike hire with one pannier bag
- Any international flights to/from Bucharest are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Romania tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 82+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Romania tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Romania tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Romania tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.