- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See Brown bears from a hide
- Discover one of the last remaining wilderness areas in Europe
- Have a unique opportunity to observe a great variety of wildlife in its natural environment
- Hike through meadows, forests and along mountain trails
History and geography conspired to make Transylvania in central Romania one of Europe’s most beautifully wild and fascinating regions. For centuries the locals have existed in harmony with a variety of wildlife, including Europe’s highest concentration of wolves, lynx and bears – almost half the European population of Brown bears is recorded in the Carpathian Mountains. Meanwhile, dense forests have remained largely untouched. Our days are spent on walks through spectacular canyons, virgin forests and Saxon villages. We go in search of Brown bears and explore the mediaeval town of Brasov as well as Bran castle, best known as the residence of Count Dracula.
Day 1: Start Bucharest; transfer to Magura in the Carpathian Mountains
Day 2: Daywalk visiting Kalibash villages and bat cave.
Day 3: Horse-drawn cart and hike in Barza Valley; optional evening Brown bear
Day 4: Hike through alpine pastures to Coja and Pestera
Day 5: Walk along a high alpine trail; observe local birdlife.
Day 6: Visit Dracula's Castle and Brasov.
Day 7: Visit Brown bear sanctuary; hike to Vulcan.
Day 8: To Bucharest Airport; end
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners
- Transfers for group flights
- 7 nights at the Villa Hermani Guesthouse
- 5 centre-based day walks
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Altitude maximum 2505m, average 1300m
- Any international flights to/from Bucharest are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Carpathian Walking & Bears tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 63+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Carpathian Walking & Bears tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 180 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 31 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Carpathian Walking & Bears tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Carpathian Walking & Bears tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.