- Road trips
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
Enter a land of remote villages, ancient customs and myths of Dracula on this trip to discover walled medieval towns and painted monasteries. See the towering peaks of the Carpathian Mountains and cruise along the pristine waters of the Danube Delta. Transylvania - Visit legendary Bran Castle and walk in the Transylvanian Alps Maramures - Discover the painted monasteries and the poetry in the Merry Cemetery Vasar Valley - Ride on a historic steam train and walk through this forested valley
Day 1 : Join trip in Bucharest
Day 2 : Visit to famous Bran Castle before arriving in Moieciu
Day 3 : Explore Brasov and the colourful town of Sighisoara
Day 4 : See Sapanta and the UNESCO-listed Merry Cemetery en route to Borsa
Day 5 : Train through the Vasar Valley and scenic alpine hike to Moisei
Day 6 : Hike in the Rodna Mountains; drive to Sucevita via Moldovita Monastery
Day 7 : Visit to Sucevita and Putna monasteries before driving to Bacau
Day 8 : Drive to and cruise in the Danube Delta on a pontoon boat
Day 9 : Exploring and bird watching on our cruise in the Danube Delta
Day 10 : Our cruise ends and we drive back to Bucharest
Day 11 : City tour of Bucharest; free afternoon
Day 12 : Trip ends in Bucharest
- 11 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Hotel Minerva (3 nights)
- Casa Zada Guest House (1 night)
- Hotel Bistrita (1 night)
- Hotel Cerbul (2 nights)
- Popas Turistic Bucovina (1 night)
- Hotel Karo (1 night)
- Floating Hotel Anda (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Any international flights to/from Bucharest are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Romania and the Danube Delta tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 77+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Romania and the Danube Delta tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Romania and the Danube Delta tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Romania and the Danube Delta tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.