- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
Enter a land of remote villages, ancient customs and myths of Dracula on this trip to discover walled medieval towns and painted monasteries. See the towering peaks of the Carpathian Mountains and cruise along the pristine waters of the Danube Delta. Transylvania - Visit legendary Bran Castle and walk in the Transylvanian Alps Maramures - Discover the painted monasteries and the poetry in the Merry Cemetery Vasar Valley - Ride on a historic steam train and walk through this forested valley
The average cost of lunch inc. drinks was £3.00
The average cost of dinner inc. drinks was £5.00
This must be the lowest I have spent in 35 yrs..”
Day 1 : Join trip in Bucharest
Day 2 : Visit to famous Bran Castle before arriving in Moieciu
Day 3 : Explore Brasov and the colourful town of Sighisoara
Day 4 : See Sapanta and the UNESCO-listed Merry Cemetery en route to Borsa
Day 5 : Train through the Vasar Valley and scenic alpine hike to Moisei
Day 6 : Hike in the Rodna Mountains; drive to Sucevita via Moldovita Monastery
Day 7 : Visit to Sucevita and Putna monasteries before driving to Bacau
Day 8 : Drive to and cruise in the Danube Delta on a pontoon boat
Day 9 : Exploring and bird watching on our cruise in the Danube Delta
Day 10 : Our cruise ends and we drive back to Bucharest
Day 11 : City tour of Bucharest; free afternoon
Day 12 : Trip ends in Bucharest
- 8 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night comfortable guesthouse
- 2 nights simple boat
- 11 Breakfast, 5 Lunch, 5 Dinner
- Bus, Boat, Train
- Explore Tour Leader, Boat Crew, Driver(s)
- Any international flights to/from Bucharest are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Romania and the Danube Delta tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 69+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Romania and the Danube Delta tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 196 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 16 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Best of Romania and the Danube Delta tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Romania and the Danube Delta tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.