- Cruise between the sheer, multicoloured walls of Geikie Gorge and discover the huge array of wildlife like freshwater crocodiles, wallabies and wren.
- Explore the Tunnel Creek cave system with a Bunuba guide and learn about Janamarra, a First Nations freedom fighter who used the caves to evade police in the late 1800s.
- Take a guided hike through the King Leopold Ranges to Manning Gorge, where you can swim under a waterfall and see ancient First Nations rock art.
- Spend two nights in a private safari camp in the heart of Purnululu National Park, with glorious views of the Bungle Bungle Range.
- Go inside Cathedral Gorge and wonder at the natural amphitheatre of red rock, hollowed out over millions of years to create this massive acoustic wonder.
Get wild on a 11-day tour through the remote Kimberley. Sparsely populated and ruggedly beautiful, the Kimberly is the ultimate adventure destination. Swim in gorges filled with clear waters and under waterfalls. Hike through red-rock formations and palm oases. Learn about the rich First Nations history of the area from Traditional Custodians, take guided walks that illuminate local geography and listen to Outback yarns over a beer in the pub. Whether you’re visiting from overseas or travelling from an urban part of Australia, this tour through the Kimberly is not to be missed.
Day 1: Broome - Tunnel Creek
Day 2: Mt Barnett Station
Day 3: Mt Barnett Station
Day 4: El Questro Station
Day 5: El Questro Station
Day 6: Lake Argyle
Day 7: Lake Argyle
Day 8: Purnululu National Park (The Bungle Bungles)
Day 9: Purnululu National Park (The Bungle Bungles)
Day 10: Fitzroy Crossing
Day 11: Broome
- Camping (10 Nights)
- 10 Breakfasts, 10 Lunches, 8 Dinners
- Private Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Tunnel Creek NP - Tunnel Creek National Park
- Tunnel Creek National Park - Exploration Walk
- Derby - Mowanjum Aboriginal Art & Cultural Centre
- dalby - Boab Prison Tree
- Windjana Gorge - Gorge Exploration
- Manning Gorge - Gorge Exploration & Waterfalls Visit
- Manning Gorge - Manning Falls
- Mt Barnett Station - Adcock Gorge or Galvans Gorge
- El Questro - Zebedee Hot Springs
- Bungle Bungles - Echidna Chasm Walk
- Bungle Bungles - Cathedral Gorge Walk
- Halls Creek - Laarri Aboriginal Art Gallery
- Fitzroy Crossing - Camping by the Fitzroy River
- Halls Creek - China Wall
- Geikie Gorge - Geikie Gorge Experience
- Any international flights to/from Broome are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wild Kimberley Overland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 105+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wild Kimberley Overland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 July 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 July 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wild Kimberley Overland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wild Kimberley Overland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip is operated and run by our trusted partner, Kimberley Wild Expeditions. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Kimberley Wild Expeditions customers and Intrepid customers. Intrepid works closely with Kimberley Wild Expeditions to ensure that all of our customers enjoy their time away.
- On some days of the trip, you’ll spend several hours driving through very sparse areas of Australia. Sit back and enjoy landscapes that you would miss in any other form of travel. Extra space can be tight, and conditions may feel a little cramped. Think of it as a great way to get to know your fellow travellers. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie.
- Our leaders are the classic do-it-all Aussie – they know the best spots to watch the sunset, can drive you to your next destination, take you on a guided hike or even whip up dinner for the group on some trips. While they won’t always do all these jobs on every trip, be aware they will be juggling many things on your tour and may have less time to spend with you. They will always be working hard to ensure you and your group have a fantastic time exploring Australia.
- This trip involves activities like hiking on uneven terrain and clambering over boulders. It is best suited to travellers with a very good level of mobility and fitness. Details on physical activities can be found in the itinerary.
- This is involves some camping trip for those who are looking for the basics. Simple facilities and lack of emphasis on creature comforts make this an authentic experience of the Australian outback.
- You’ll be travelling through regions with very little mobile service or internet connection.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.