- Road trips
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ years old
- max group size 19
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Experience the beautiful Kimberleys in rugged style on this camping overland adventure.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a private 4WD vehicle, the expert knowledge of two passionate local leaders travelling with you and the magic of camping under the stars – what’s not to love about the land of Aus?
- Enjoy plenty of time to discover the untamed natural beauty of El Questro Station. Paddle around in waterfalls, hike through gorges and access remote parts of this huge park on adventurous 4WD expeditions
- The red domes of the Bungle Bungle Ranges in Purnululu National Park form one of the most iconic Australian landscapes in existence. You'll have a whole day to explore the gorges and valleys of the park, not to mention soak up a few fiery sunsets
- Tunnel Creek has a rich First Nations and bushranger history. Walk through the underground passage with your Guide learning about the culture and traditions of the first Australians
Experience the wild and rugged beauty of Australia's northwest tip on this 4WD journey through the Kimberleys. A region of breathtaking natural scenery, rich brooding landscapes and plentiful iconic wildlife, this is a taste of Australia at its most untamed. Explore the narrow rock passages winding through the Bungle Bungles, spot crocodiles sunning on the banks of Windjana Gorge and discover the gorgeous swimming holes of El Questro and Katherine. For a trip that brings you face-to-face with Australia's vast horizons and immense wilderness, you really can't go past this 4WD Broome to Darwin adventure.
Day 1: Broome / Tunnel Creek
Day 2: Windjana Gorge / Bell Gorge / Mt Barnett
Day 3: Manning Gorge / Mt Barnett
Day 4: Gibb River Road / El Questro Station
Day 5: El Questro Station
Day 6: Purnululu National Park
Day 7: Bungle Bungles / Purnululu National Park
Day 8: Kununurra / Lake Argyle
Day 9: Lake Argyle / Katherine
Day 10: Katherine Gorge / Darwin
- Camping (with basic facilities) (6 nights), Camping (with limited facilities) (2 nights), Permanent tented camp (with shared facilities) (1 night)
- 9 Breakfasts, 10 Lunches, 9 Dinners
- Private 4WD vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Tunnel Creek National Park - Exploration Walk
- Windjana Gorge - Gorge Exploration
- Bell Gorge - Gorge Exploration
- Galvans Gorge - Exploring Galvans Gorge
- Manning Gorge - Gorge Exploration & Waterfalls Visit
- Gibb River Road - 4WD Experience on the Gibb River Road
- El Questro - El Questro Wilderness Park
- El Questro - Emma Gorge or El Questro Gorge
- El Questro - Zebedee Hot Springs
- El Questro - El Questro Wilderness Park
- Bungle Bungles - Cathedral Gorge Walk
- Bungle Bungles - Echidna Chasm Walk
- Lake Argyle - Camping at Lake Argyle
- Katherine - Katherine Gorge
- Any international flights to Broome and from Darwin are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Broome to Darwin Overland Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 81+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Broome to Darwin Overland Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 June 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 June 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Broome to Darwin Overland Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Broome to Darwin Overland Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip is operated and run by our trusted partner Adventure Tours Australia. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Adventure Tours Australia customers and Intrepid customers. Intrepid works closely with Adventure Tours Australia to ensure that all of our customers enjoy their time away.
- When travelling in Western Australia, temperatures be very hot during the day and drop quite dramatically at night. Have a think about what time of year suits you best to travel and pack accordingly.
- This trip involves plenty of walking and is best suited to travellers with a good level of mobility and fitness. Please bring sturdy, comfortable walking shoes and comfortable clothing. An overview of physical activities can be found in the itinerary.
- This is a trip for those who are looking for the basics. Simple or limited facilities and lack of emphasis on creature comforts make this an authentic experience of the Australian outback.
- Western Australia is a very big state and this trip covers some serious distances. On some days of the trip you will spend several hours driving, often through very sparse areas of desert. Sit back and enjoy the landscapes. Extra space can be tight, and conditions may feel a little cramped. Think of it as a great way to get to know your fellow travellers. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. Please read the itinerary for details on estimated drive times and specific logistical information.
- Our leaders are the classic do-it-all Aussie – they know the best spots to watch the sunset, can drive you to your next destination, take you on a guided hike or even whip up dinner for the group on some trips. While they won’t always do all these jobs on every trip, be aware they will be juggling many things on your tour and may have less time to spend with you. They will always be working hard to ensure you and your group have a fantastic time exploring Australia.
- This trip is also available in the opposite direction. Please find trip code PDB10 on our website. You can also opt to start your journey all the way from Perth with our connecting trip PB10.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.