- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience the beautiful Kimberleys in rugged style with a local guide. Our passionate leaders love this trip as much as you will
- Enjoy plenty of time to discover the untamed natural beauty of El Questro Station. Paddle around in waterfalls, hike through gorges and access remote parts of this huge park on adventurous 4WD expeditions
- The red domes of the Bungle Bungle Ranges in Purnululu National Park form one of the most iconic Australian landscapes in existence. You'll have a whole day to explore the gorges and valleys of the park, not to mention soak up a few fiery sunsets
- Tunnell Creek has a rich First Nations and bushranger history. Walk through the underground passage with your Guide learning about the culture and traditions of the first Australians
Experience the wild and rugged beauty of Australia's northwest tip on this 4WD journey through the Kimberleys. A region of breathtaking natural scenery, rich brooding landscapes and plentiful iconic wildlife, this is a taste of Australia at its most untamed. Explore the narrow rock passages winding through the Bungle Bungles, spot crocodiles sunning on the banks of Windjana Gorge and discover the gorgeous swimming holes of El Questro and Katherine. For a trip that brings you face-to-face with Australia's vast horizons and immense wilderness, you really can't go past this 4WD Broome to Darwin adventure.
My tour guide, Kelly, was super knowledgeable, funny, and a pleasure to be around!
The group of people from different countries, regions, and ages made it the best tour I have been on.
Below are a few highlights:
1. BBQ in the Grampians
2. Bay of Martyrs
3. Seeing koalas and kangaroos in their natural habitat
4. The scenery along the Great Ocean Road
5. A boomerang lesson
6. The entire trip was lovely.”
Broome – Tunnel Creek National Park
Gibb River Road to El Questro
El Questro Station
Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungle Range)
Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungle Range)
Lake Argyle to the Katherine region
- Camping (with basic facilities) (3 nights), Camping (with facilities), (5 nights), permanent, furnished tented camp (with shared facilities) (1 night)
- 9 Breakfasts, 10 Lunches, 9 Dinners
- All Terrain vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Tunnel Creek exploration walk
- Bell Gorge
- Windjana Gorge
- Galvans Gorge
- Adcock Gorge
- Manning Gorge
- Gibb River Road
- Emma Gorge
- Zebedee Springs
- Cathedral Gorge Walk (Bungle Bungle)
- Echidna Chasm Walk
- Lake Argyle
- Katherine Gorge
- Any international flights to Broome and from Darwin are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this 4WD Broome to Darwin Overland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 64+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this 4WD Broome to Darwin Overland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 16 November 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
4WD Broome to Darwin Overland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this 4WD Broome to Darwin Overland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- You'll spend most nights of the trip sleeping in outback camping grounds. While it's all a part of the adventure, facilities can be extremely basic
- This trip requires a HIGH level of fitness as it involves a lot of walking, allowing you to truly enjoy the surrounding nature. Some long hikes will really get the blood pumping, and involve wading through water and clambering over rocks. Please bring sturdy, comfortable walking shoes and comfortable clothing.
- On some days of the trip, you will spend several hours driving, often through very sparse areas of desert. Some drives along off-road tracks can be bumpy as you really get 'amongst it'. Get to know your fellow travellers and sit back to enjoy landscapes that you would miss in any other form of travel.
- Temperatures in Western Australia are extreme. During the day the weather can be hot (and the Australian sun is strong) so please bring appropriate clothing, use sun protection and drink plenty of water. In the evenings temperatures really drop, so ensure you have base layers and warm clothing.
- We don't recommend this trip for older passengers who are perhaps less fit or agile
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions