- River cruise
- duration 22 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 2+ years old
- max group size 20
The perfect journey for travelers seeking the crème de la crème of France.
This triumvirate of France brings you the very best of each region—Paris and the Normandy coast in the north, vineyard-rich Bordeaux in the southwest and the sun-drenched Mediterranean delights of Burgundy and Provence. You’ll tour glamorous capital cities in leisure and style, explore ancient villages still unspoiled by modern life and walk in the footsteps of famous artists such as Monet and Van Gogh. With Uniworld’s extraordinary excursions, you’ll visit the Palace of the Popes in Avignon, taste incomparable wines in Bordeaux, stroll the charming medieval lanes of Viviers and peruse the famed farmers’ market in Lyon before seeing the city spectacularly illuminated at night. All the while, savor the renowned wines and cooking traditions that have made French cuisine the most revered in the world.
Who will enjoy this cruise? Those who want to experience all that France has to offer, from decadent food and wine to breathtaking scenery and world-famous art and architecture.
Ultimate France is a combination of Paris & Normandy, Brilliant Bordeaux and Burgundy & Provence.
Day 1: Bordeaux (Embark)
Day 2: Blaye, Bourg sur Gironde
Day 3: Cussac Fort Médoc, Pauillac la Fayette
Day 4: Cadillac
Day 5: Libourne (Saint-Émilion)
Day 6: Libourne, Bordeaux
Day 7: Bordeaux
Day 8: Bordeaux (Disembark), Transfer to Paris via High-Speed TGV Train (Embark)
Day 9: La Roche-Guyon, Vernon, Giverny
Day 10: Rouen
Day 11: Caudebec-en-Caux (Honfleur or Étretat)
Day 12: Rouen (Normandy Beaches)
Day 13: Mantes-la-Jolie (Versailles)
Day 14: Paris
Day 15: Paris (Disembark), Transfer to Lyon via High-Speed TGV Train (Embark)
Day 16: Mâcon (Beaune)
Day 17: Lyon
Day 18: Tournon (Tain-l’Hermitage)
Day 19: Viviers, Châteauneuf-du-Pape
Day 20: Avignon
Day 21: Tarascon (Arles)
Day 22: Avignon (Disembark)
- 21-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the breathtaking S.S. Bon Voyage, the magical S.S. Joie de Vivre and the striking S.S. Catherine
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® Beds of England, high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 21 breakfasts, 18 lunches, 21 dinners
- 3 Captain’s Welcome and 3 Captain’s Farewell Receptions
- 3 Welcome and 3 Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 18 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Let's Go,” “Do as the Locals Do” and “Village Day” programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- 1 country: France
- 7 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- First class TGV train between Lyon and Paris, and Paris and Bordeaux
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including Signature Lectures
- Exclusive Connoisseur Collection and Generations Family Program on select summer departures
- Any international flights to Bordeaux and from Avignon are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ultimate France (2023) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ultimate France (2023) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 121 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 120 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 120 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ultimate France (2023) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ultimate France (2023) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.