- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 40+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Savour the tantalising flavours of fresh Arcachon Bay oysters, Bayonne ham, Blanquette de Limoux wine and worldfamous Bordeaux reds
- Admire the famous prehistoric paintings of the UNESCOprotected Lascaux Cave at Lascaux II
- Enjoy a leisurely cruise down the River Lot on a traditional wooden gabare boat
Delicious oysters. Exquisite wines. Rich Bayonne ham. Take time to savour the finer things in life on this journey of discovery through Southwest France. Starting in Bordeaux (just a two-hour train journey from Paris), we’ll seek out the region’s gastronomic gems and treasured vineyards – travelling over soaring mountains, along the Atlantic coast, and into enchanting castles and prehistoric caves as we go.
I had an amazing time, met lots of wonderful people and did things I would never have organised myself; such as take a cyclo-ride in Ho Chi Minh City, visit a local village and see their way of life in Siem Reap and take a ride on a barge on the Mekong River.”
Day 1 : Bordeaux
Day 2 : Bordeaux – Arcachon Bay – Biarritz
Day 3 : Biarritz – Bayonne – Biarritz
Day 4 : Biarritz – Lourdes – Midi-Pyrénées
Day 5 : Midi-Pyrénées – Carcassonne
Day 6 : Carcassonne
Day 7 : Carcassonne – Albi – River Lot – Sarlat-la-Canéda
Day 8 : Sarlat-la-Canéda – Beynac-et-Cazenac – Sarlat-la-Canéda
Day 9 : Sarlat-la-Canéda – Vézère Valley – Sarlat-la-Canéda
Day 10 : Sarlat-la-Canéda – Saint-Émilion – Bordeaux
- 9 nights in hand-picked accommodation
- 9 Breakfasts
- 4 Dinners
- Premium mini-coach transportation
- Experienced Back-Roads Tour Leader and Driver
- Any international flights to/from Bordeaux are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Jewels of South West France tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 163 today.
- Earn US$ 108+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jewels of South West France tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 March 2021, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 60 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Jewels of South West France tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jewels of South West France tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tour group sizes have been limited to an average group size of 10 people to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations, transport and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- Book now and relax knowing you are covered under our new COVID-19 Assurance Policy. At no additional cost to you, new bookings are now 100% refundable in the unfortunate event you are diagnosed with COVID-19 or unable to travel due to government-enforced lockdowns prior to your scheduled departure date.