- Walk the heady Path of the Gods to Positano
- Stroll through the cobbled streets of Amalfi
- Discover the 2,000-year-old history of Pompeii
The Amalfi Coast is one of the most dramatic coastlines in Europe. Mountains jut steeply out of the Mediterranean and picturesque towns nestle in the coves below. Walking the ancient hillsides, which are studded with lemon groves and framed by deep gorges, we descend from the Agerola Plain to the quaint towns of Positano, Ravello and Amalfi itself. No visit to the Bay of Naples would be complete without a trip to see the remains of Pompeii under the imposing volcanic cone of Mount Vesuvius. The highlight of this Amalfi Coast guided walking is arguably the best coastal walk in the world: the Path of the Gods. Away from the trails we take part in a traditional pastime and sample incredible food and wine just like the Italians do.
Why travel with us?It’s not just idyllic views over cliff-hugging towns and the Tyrrhenian Sea that make the Amalfi Coast our most popular destination for walking. It’s the fact we’re a pioneer of group walking holidays here, with more than 20 years’ experience operating this trip. We’ve got a local’s knowledge of the coastline while staying at the family-run Hotel Due Torri in peaceful Bomerano provides the perfect balance to the often-bustling Amalfi Coast.
Should you wish to travel in July or August and still enjoy the highlights of the Amalfi Coast, we also offer a special itinerary for the summer months. Please visit Walking The Amalfi Coast - Summer Edition for dates and day-to-day schedule.
Did you know you can travel by train to this trip? Find out more here Join us to celebrate Exodus’ 50th anniversary! Select departures of this trip feature extra inclusions to mark the occasion: a lunch at the Shepherd’s Hut along the Path of the Gods, a local birthday celebration and a special edition Exodus kitbag. For departure dates, see the Dates & Prices tab or to see other trips with Special 50th Anniversary Departures click here.
Day 1: Start in the village of Bomerano, Agerola
Day 2: An impressive walk to the top of Monte Tre Calli for wide-open views of the coastline
Day 3: Follow mule tracks and steps down to Amalfi; free afternoon to explore the cathedral or the Paper Mill Museum
Day 4: Drive to Mount Vesuvius, take an optional walk up its vast crater, admire the Bay of Naples and visit the fascinating ruins of Pompeii
Day 5: Walk from Ravello to Amalfi through the forests of the Valle delle Ferriere natural reserve
Day 6: Free day to relax or take a boat to Capri, visit Naples or Herculaneum (all optional)
Day 7: Path of the Gods with superb panoramic views to Positano; return by boat to Amalfi; try locally made mozzarella
Day 8: End Bomerano, Agerola
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, four packed lunches, and six dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Local city tax (approx. €10 payable locally in cash)
- Optional Regional Lunch (€15, payable locally in cash )
- Optional BBQ Dinner (€35, payable locally in cash)
- Earn US$ 59+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking the Amalfi Coast tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 June 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 June 2024, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walking the Amalfi Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. World Nomads offers travel insurance for independent travelers and intrepid families.Visa
For this Walking the Amalfi Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.