- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Cycling at the base of the stunning Dolomites
- Experiencing the outstanding scenery and small villages en route
- Sipping coffee (or something stronger) in a café in one of Verona’s magnificent piazzas
- Enjoying the culinary specialties such as marinated sardines
Cycle the quiet paths and backroads to the canal city of Venice via Shakespeare's Verona. This enchanting journey takes us through the historic Veneto region of north-east Italy. Taking in the splendid cities of Trento, Verona and Vicenza we have time to appreciate the architectural and cultural delights specific to each. Starting from the mountains around Bolzano, passing the beauty of Lake Garda and winding through pretty meadows and orchards we head east to the lovely town of Mestre, located on the doorstep of Venice.
The trip was very well organised, the guides were experienced and very friendly, hostels were clean, all had showers and we had a proper meals in the evenings! Super happy with my experience and definitely highly recommend UTracks!”
Day 1 : Join Bolzano
Day 2 : Cycle to Trento along the Adige (65 or 70km/40 or 43.5mi)
Day 3 : Cycle and boat to Lake Garda South (50km/31mi)
Day 4 : Cycle to historical Verona (35 or 60km/21.5 or 37mi)
Day 5 : Cycle to Vicenza via Monti Berici (35 or 70km/21.5 or 43.5mi)
Day 6 : Cycle past Palladian villas to Padova's thermal district (50km/35mi)
Day 7 : Cycle along the Brenta Canal to Mestre (55km/34mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights accommodation in 2 to 3 star (Category B) or 3 to 4 star (Category A) hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- Information kit including route descriptions and maps per room booked, and welcome briefing. GPX tracks available on request.
- 7 breakfasts – buffet breakfasts are served
- Luggage transfer
- Ferry cruise on Lake Garda
- Bicycle, 27 gears with puncture resistant tyres, gel saddle, helmet and pannier (premium and electric bike available on request - supplement applies)
- Bike insurance against theft and damage (does not cover negligence)
- Emergency hotline
- Ice cream in the best ice cream parlour in Vicenza
- Entrance to the gardens at Palladio's Villa La Rotunda in Vicenza
- Travel to Bolzano and from Venice
- Dinner and lunches daily
- Local hotel taxes - allow up to EUR 35 per person (in total)
- Items of a personal nature
- Storage of excess luggage and parking
- Tour guide – this is a self guided trip
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Bookmundi is partner with Utracks. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 58 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 38 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 329 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 12 February 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Backroads to Venice tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Backroads to Venice tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.