- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Uncover the historical delights of Colombia's capital city
- Explore Villa de Leyva's colonial centre
- Learn all about coffee production on a farm tour in the lush Coffee Zone
- Walk amid wax palm trees in Cocora Valley
Colombia is a vast country still largely undiscovered despite its amazing variety of landscapes and culture. On this journey from the Andes to the Caribbean we experience the contrasts between cosmopolitan Bogota, colourful Cartagena, and welcoming rural towns. After soaking up the atmosphere of Villa de Leyva and walking amid giant wax-palms in the the Zona Cafetera, we'll learn what it takes to produce the finest coffee.
Day 1: Start Bogota.
Day 2: Free morning; afternoon tour of La Candelaria district.
Day 3: Morning walking tour including Monserrate viewpoint; free afternoon.
Day 4: To Villa de Leyva via the salt cathedral in Zipaquira.
Day 5: Walking tour of Villa de Leyva; visit fossil museum.
Day 6: Fly to the 'Coffee Zone'; travel to Salento.
Day 7: Walk amid the wax palm trees of Cocora Valley; coffee tour.
Day 8: Orchid farm visit; fly to Medellin.
Day 9: City tour of Medellin.
Day 10: Visit flower farm in Santa Elena; fly to Cartagena.
Day 11: Walking tour of Cartagena old town.
Day 12: Morning mangrove canoe tour; free afternoon.
Day 13: Transfer to Cartagena Airport; fly to Bogota; trip ends.
- 12 nights hotels with en suite facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 3 lunches
- Travel by internal flight and private minibus
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Some leisurely walks
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Bogota are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Colombia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 140+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Colombia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 10 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 10 July 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Colombia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Colombia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.