- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Direct London to Bogota flights with Avianca
- Acclimatise in Bogota whilst joining the city's residents in their weekly trafficfree day of urban cycling!
- Ride through lush green landscapes and mountainous terrain in the 'Eje Cafetero' coffee zone
- Hike in the beautiful Cocora Valley amid wax palms (optional on rest day)
With Colombia's road cyclists gaining worldwide recognition and the country revelling as an up and coming active tourism destination, there really is no better time for a cycling trip to one of South America's most scenic regions. The coffee zone of Colombia lies at the heart of the country on the Western slopes of the Central Andes and our route takes us along paved winding roads that traverse a lush environment populated by coffee plantations and picturesque towns. Your effort on two wheels will be duly rewarded by stunning views and a taste of the famously warm Latin American hospitality.
Day 1: Start Bogota.
Day 2: Bike fitting followed by Bogota 'Ciclovia' city ride and welcome dinner.
Day 3: Visit Zipaquira Salt Cathedral; fly to Cali and transfer to Buga.
Day 4: Mostly flat ride following the Cauca River to Roldanillo.
Day 5: Another flat ride passing fields of sugar cane and vineyards towards Cartago.
Day 6: First mountain ride into the coffee country and the town of Pueblo Tapao.
Day 7: Some challenging climbs with rewarding views and coffee tasting on the way to
Calarcá via Rio Verde.
Day 8: A day of steady climbing through typical natural scenery to Boquia, included
coffee tour and botanical gardens.
Day 9: Free day to relax; optional ride or hike to Salento and Cocora Valley.
Day 10: Some climbs in the morning towards Filandia followed by an exhilarating
descent to Cerritos.
Day 11: Gentle ride along the Cauca River before a climb to Anserma.
Day 12: Final day of riding involves a spectacular downhill section plus some climbs
Day 13: Transfer to Pereira; fly to Bogota; end Bogota.
- 10 nights hotels, 2 nights in a finca (ranch property) , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 11 dinners
- 10 days cycling with full vehicle support
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 95% tarmac, 5% unpaved tracks
- Routes predominantly follow quiet well-paved roads
- Group normally 5 to 16 plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Tour leader throughout
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from Bogota are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling Colombia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 160+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycling Colombia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 January 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycling Colombia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling Colombia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.