- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cartagena Explore Latin America's colonial gem on the Caribbean Coast
- Coffee Region Lush green landscapes with coffee plantations
- Silvia Market Travel back in time to this local market run entirely by the indigenous Guambiano people
- Bogota Visit its superb preColombian gold museum and the historic streets of La Candelaria
Colombia is the country where 'magical realism' comes to life. Rich in culture, with an enormous biodiversity and a notoriously friendly and welcoming population, a journey through this eclectic country is packed with standout moments. Not only do we visit the Caribbean coast and the lush, green coffee region, but we contrast the modern city of Medellin with the more traditional Andean culture found in Bogota. Bogota - Visit its superb pre-Colombian Gold Museum and the historic streets of La Candelaria Salento - The cobbled streets of this quaint town are found in the beautiful Andean foothills, where hummingbirds fly between giant wax palms Medellin - Discover how this diverse modern city has transformed its reputation through innovative design and development
Day 1 : Join trip in Bogota
Day 2 : Taste the fruits at Paloquemao farmers market; explore the city on foot and by cable car
Day 3 : Fly to Armenia in Colombia's coffee country
Day 4 : Full day exploring the wax palms of the Cocora Valley; traditional lunch in colonial Salento
Day 5 : Cooking class with a Colombian chef; visit a coffee plantation and taste the local brew
Day 6 : Fly to Medellin; explore on foot and by cable car
Day 7 : Visit colourful Guatape town
Day 8 : Flower Festival day in Medellin
Day 9 : Fly to Santa Marta on the Caribbean coast
Day 10 : Full day visit to Tayrona National Park
Day 11 : Drive to colonial Cartagena
Day 12 : Explore Cartagena on foot; free afternoon
Day 13 : Trip ends in Cartagena
- 12 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Hotel Casa Deco (2 nights)
- Hacienda Combia (3 nights)
- Hotel Guatatur (1 night)
- Hotel Santa Marta Real (2 nights)
- Hotel Don Pedro De Heredia (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Bogota and from Cartagena are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Contrasts of Colombia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 166 today.
- Earn US$ 110+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Contrasts of Colombia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 April 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Contrasts of Colombia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Contrasts of Colombia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.