- Sightseeing tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 13 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-19019
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Wander the colourful colonial streets of Cartagena
- Hike amongst towering wax palms in the Cocora Valley
- Taste Andean specialities including sancocho and arepas
Colombia is the country where 'magical realism' comes to life. Rich in culture, with an enormous biodiversity and a notoriously friendly and welcoming population, a journey through this eclectic country is packed with standout moments. Not only do we visit the Caribbean coast and the lush, green coffee region, but we contrast the modern city of Medellin with the more traditional Andean culture found in Bogota.
Bogota - Visit its superb pre-Colombian Gold Museum and the historic streets of La Candelaria
Salento - The cobbled streets of this quaint town are found in the beautiful Andean foothills, where hummingbirds fly between giant wax palms
Medellin - Discover how this diverse modern city has transformed its reputation through innovative design and development
Day 1 : Join trip in Bogota
Day 2 : Taste the fruits at Paloquemao farmers market; explore the city on foot
Day 3 : Cable car up Mount Monserrate; Fly to Armenia in Colombia's coffee country
Day 4 : Full day exploring the wax palms of the Cocora Valley; traditional lunch in colonial Salento
Day 5 : Cooking class with a Colombian chef; tour a coffee plantation and taste the local brew
Day 6 : Fly to Medellin; explore on foot and by cable car
Day 7 : Day at leisure in Medellin
Day 8 : Visit colourful Guatape town; boat trip on the lake
Day 9 : Fly to Santa Marta on the Caribbean coast; drive to Palomino
Day 10 : Full day visit and walk in Tayrona National Park
Day 11 : Drive to colonial Cartagena
Day 12 : Explore Cartagena on foot; free afternoon
Day 13 : Trip ends in Cartagena
- 13 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches
- Hotel Casa Deco (2 nights)
- Hacienda Combia (3 nights)
- Hotel Poblado Plaza (2 nights)
- Hotel Santorini (1 night)
- Hotel Hukumeizi (2 nights)
- Hotel 3 Banderas (2 nights)
- Cable Car
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Bogota and from Cartagena are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Contrasts of Colombia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 128+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Contrasts of Colombia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 November 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 November 2023, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Contrasts of Colombia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Contrasts of Colombia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.