- See the sights of cosmopolitan Bogotá and its historic La Candelaria District
- Be enchanted by the colonial architecture and cobbled alleys of Cartagena
- Climb the 1200 steps to reach the Lost City
- Journey through spectacular jungle scenery on the four day trek
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site, San Felipe Fortress at sunset
Discover the famous 'Lost City', hidden deep in Colombia's jungle. Immerse yourself in the highlights of Colombia and discover a destination teeming with historical insights and natural wonders. Our adventure begins in the capital city of Bogota where we take in the colonial and baroque architecture found in La Candelaria and visit Bolivar Square. Climb the 1,200 steps to reach the Lost City of Teyuna, enjoying spectacular jungle scenery on a four day trek. Colombia’s Lost City, ancient ruins high in the Sierra Nevada mountains, is a breath-taking treasure that was once home to a thriving civilisation. Still considered hallowed ground by the indigenous tribes nearby. Our journey ends in the Caribbean beach resort city, Cartagena of the West Indies, with its colourful districts and wonderful beaches. Discover historically rich Cartagena and walk its meandering cobblestone streets of the walled city and take in the sights of centuries-old fortresses and churches, a fitting end to our time in Colombia.
Day 1 : Join Bogota
Day 2 : Bogota walking tour
Day 3 : Fly to Santa Marta
Day 4 : Let’s start the trek! (Trek 7.6km ,4-6 hours)
Day 5 : Trek to second camp (Trek 7.3km ,5-6 hours)
Day 6 : To the Lost City (Trek 6 hours)
Day 7 : Trek and journey by road to Santa Marta (Trek 4 hours)
Day 8 : Santa Marta to Cartagena (4-5 hours by road)
Day 9 : Cartagena sightseeing
Day 10 : In Cartagena, trip concludes
- Comfortable hotel accommodation on a twin share basis
- 9 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners
- Airport transfers
- Experienced local guides, English speaking tour leader for groups of 8 or more people
- Sightseeing and site entrance fees as listed
- Porterage on trek
- International flights & airport taxes
- Flight Bogota to Santa Marta
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Medical treatment
- Excess baggage costs
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, postage, phone calls, bottled water, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages etc
- Tips and gratuities
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 77+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Colombia's Lost City Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 72 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 71 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 February 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 February 2023, a deposit of 306 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 71 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Colombia's Lost City Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Colombia's Lost City Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Guides are trained in our COVID-19 response plan that has been developed in line with state government medical provisions.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.