- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Diverse landscapes and impressive mountain sceneryFree day to explore the old capital Corte, or to relax on the beach at AjaccioBeautifully located familyrun hotel
Caught between France and Italy, yet with its own cuisine, culture and language, Corsica is a land of dramatic beauty. With the sandy beaches of the Mediterranean just 40km from the island’s pink granite peaks, Corsica offers a range of different terrain in a small and diverse island full of surprises. Based in the village of Bocognano, the quaint mountain railway gives easy access to some of the island’s best walking routes, covering mountain passes, rockpools and pine forests from the central highlands to the sea.
Day 1: Start Bocognano.
Day 2: Train to Tavera; Woodland walk to ancient menhir (standing stone). Train back
to Bocognano; Circular walk to Cascade du Voile de la Mariee.
Day 3: Train journey to Vivario; walk to Tattone and onto the Vecchio River where
it may be possible to swim. Ascend to Vizzavona and train to Bocognano.
Day 4: Train to Corte; walk along the rugged Tavignano valley and back to the
historic town of Corte. Return by train to Bocognano
Day 5: Free day for an optional trip by train to Ajaccio and its beaches, or to
relax in Bocognano.
Day 6: Train to Vizzavona from where we enjoy a walk along the famous GR20 to Bocca
Day 7: Walk directly from the hotel to the Gravona River; walk along the Gorge of
Richjusa and back to Bocognano.
Day 8: End Bocognano.
- 7 nights in a family-run hotel with en suite facilities5 days centre-based walking; 1 free dayGroup normally 4 to 16, plus leaderWell-marked trails, often rocky and unevenAltitude maximum 1650m, average 800m ,All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 6 dinnersAll accommodation (see accommodation section)All transport and listed activitiesTour leader throughoutFlights from London (if booking incl. flights)
- Any international flights to/from Bocognano are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mountains & Villages of Corsica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 80 today.
- Earn US$ 53+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mountains & Villages of Corsica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 September 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mountains & Villages of Corsica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mountains & Villages of Corsica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.