- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 27 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Kashgar's traditional Sunday market and Animal market
- Cross the Taklamakan Desert
- Exploration of the oasis and the Jiaohe ruins at Turpan
- Guided tour of the Mogao caves, Dunhuang
Follow the Silk Route across western China – the same route used by ancient traders and armies on their journey between West and East. The gateway to China is the infamous Torugart Pass near the city of Kashgar, a wonderful place to see the diverse peoples of the region, and if we are there for the Sunday Market this is a must-see. We cross the Taklamakan Desert, China’s largest, driest and highest desert, to the western end of the Great Wall of China and climb onto the lower slopes of the Tibetan plateau to the holy city of Xiahe, with its remarkable Tibetan Buddhist temples and architecture. We see several remarkable monuments, such as the giant Buddha of Bingling Si, the Jiaohe ruins at Turpan and, of course, the archaeological marvel of the Terracotta Army near Xi’an.
Day 1: Bishkek
Day 2: Kochkor
Day 3: Tash Rabat
Day 4: Kashgar
Day 5: Kashgar
Day 6: Kashgar
Day 7: Kashgar
Day 8: Kashgar
Day 9: Aksu
Day 10: Korle
Day 11: Urumqi
Day 12: Urumqi
Day 13: Turpan
Day 14: Turpan
Day 15: Dunhuang
Day 16: Dunhuang
Day 17: Jiayuguan
Day 18: Zhangye
Day 19: Liujiaxia
Day 20: Xiahe
Day 21: Xiahe
Day 22: Xiahe
Day 23: Lanzhou
Day 24: Pingliang
Day 25: Pingliang
Day 26: Xi'an
Day 27: Xi'an
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Local Bus, Boat
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary, One Local Crew Member
- Comfortable Hotel 3 nights
- Homestay 1 night
- Yurt Camp 1 night
- Basic Hotel 16 nights
- Camping without facilities 2 nights
- Guesthouse 3 nights
- 22 Breakfasts
- 6 Lunches
- 8 Dinners
- Any international flights to Bishkek and from Xian are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tian Shan, Taklamakan & Lower Tibet tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 152+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tian Shan, Taklamakan & Lower Tibet tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tian Shan, Taklamakan & Lower Tibet tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tian Shan, Taklamakan & Lower Tibet tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.