- Walking tour
- Active and outdoor
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 23 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The Silk Road Experience the contrasts of the dramatic mountains of Kyrgyzstan and the plains of Uzbekistan
- Yurt stays Sample nomadic life both in on the shores of Song Kul Lake and the desert of Uzbekistan
- Mountain scenery Stand on the shores of sublime alpine lakes surrounded by snowcapped peaks
- Bokhara Admire Islamic architecture and browse bustling bazaars
Journey through the remote landscapes of Central Asia along the ancient Silk Road, on this fascinating adventure into the heart of Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan. Experience the wild mountain landscapes of Kyrgyzstan before crossing over the border onto the vast plains of Uzbekistan. Discover mountain villages, stay in traditional yurts as nomads do and mingle with locals in bazaars, as well as see some of the most striking Islamic architecture in the region.
Day 1 : In Bishkek; afternoon city sightseeing
Day 2 : Drive to Karakol via Burana Tower and Issyk Kul Lake
Day 3 : Explore Karakol; walk in Djety Oguz Gorge
Day 4 : Drive to Kochkor; visit waterfalls en route
Day 5 : Spend the night in a traditional yurt at Song Kul Lake
Day 6 : Morning at Song Kul; return to Kochkor
Day 7 : Scenic drive through the mountains to Suusamyr Valley
Day 8 : Walking in Chichkan Gorge; afternoon drive to Toktogul Reservoir
Day 9 : Mountain drive to Djalal-Abad.
Day 10 : Discover Arslanbob, walk through walnut woodland, visit waterfall
Day 11 : Drive to Osh; cross border into Uzbekistan and drive to Fergana City
Day 12 : Drive via ceramic workshop in Rishtan to Tashkent
Day 13 : In Tashkent, city tour; free afternoon
Day 14 : Fly to Urgench in western Uzbekistan and drive to the ancient city of Khiva
Day 15 : In Khiva, visit the Old Citadel; free afternoon
Day 16 : Scenic drive through vast plains to Bokhara
Day 17 : In Bokhara, discover blue-tiled domes and minarets; learn about the city's history
Day 18 : Free day to explore Bokhara's sights further
Day 19 : Drive to Yangikasgan desert camp for overnight in a yurt; optional camel ride
Day 20 : Drive to Samarkand; afternoon exploration of the city's monuments including Registan Square
Day 21 : In Samarkand, discover magnificent mosques and mausoleums; free afternoon to explore further
Day 22 : In Samarkand, free morning; afternoon high-speed train to Tashkent
Day 23 : Tour ends in Tashkent
- 22 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 7 Dinners
- Tien-Shan Guesthouse (1 night)
- Altamira Hotel (2 nights)
- Kochkor Family Guesthouse (2 nights)
- Song Kul Lake Yurt Camp (1 night)
- Baytur Resort (1 night)
- Kok-Bel Hotel (1 night)
- Rosa Park hotel (2 nights)
- Hotel Voyage (1 night)
- Hotel Uzbekistan (3 nights)
- Hotel Musa Tura (2 nights)
- Hotel Caravan Plaza (3 nights)
- Kyzyl-Kum Safari Yurt Camping (1 night)
- Kamilla Boutique Hotel (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader(s)
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Bishkek and from Tashkent are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Silk Road of Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 232 today.
- Earn US$ 154+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Silk Road of Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 April 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Silk Road of Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Silk Road of Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.