- duration 21 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-36122
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Fann Mountains - Walk amongst wild mountain scenery
- The Silk Road - Discover the ancient cities of Khiva, Bokhara and Samarkand
- Darvaza - Peer into the the cavern that's been aflame since 1971
Traverse mountains pocketed with turquoise alpine lakes, drive through lush fertile valleys and zip across dry and dusty desert plains by high-speed train. This is an all-encompassing, ever-changing journey through the 5 'Stans of Central Asia.
Fann Mountains - Walk amongst wild mountain scenery and snap the picture-perfect 'Seven Lakes'
The Silk Road - Travel along ancient routes and discover the intricate architecture of Khiva, Bokhara and Samarkand
Darvaza - Peer into the 'Door to Hell', the underground cavern that's been aflame since 1971
Day 1 : Join trip in Bishkek and have an afternoon exploring the city
Day 2 : Drive to Burana Tower and visit a stadium for horse games. Drive onto Chon Kemin
Day 3 : Learn how to make Kyrgyz fried bread. Then drive onto Lake Issyk Kul to sleep in a yurt
Day 4 : Explore Skazka Canyon on foot and then drive onto Karakol for a city tour
Day 5 : Cross the border into Kazakhstan and explore Charyn Canyon before driving to Almaty
Day 6 : Tour the wide boulevards and green parks of Almaty
Day 7 : Morning flight to Dushanbe. Afternoon orientation tour of the city
Day 8 : Further exploration of Dushanbe including Navruz Palace and the market
Day 9 : Full day drive into the Fann Mountains. Picnic stop for a scenic lunch and walk to a waterfall
Day 10 : Drive to the 'Seven Lakes' for a half day walk among the picturesque lakes
Day 11 : Drive to historic Samarkand to discover Registan Square and Gur Emir Mausoleum
Day 12 : More highlights of Samarkand and free time in the afternoon
Day 13 : Morning train to Bukhara, discover blue-tiled domes and minarets; learn about the city's history
Day 14 : Another day exploring Bukhara
Day 15 : Drive from Bukhara to Khiva
Day 16 : A full day wandering the narrow streets of the 'Open Air Museum' of Khiva
Day 17 : Drive west to the outpost of Nukus, stopping at the Savitsky Museum en route
Day 18 : Cross the border into Turkmenistan and drive onto Darvaza to camp by the flaming crater
Day 19 : Continue onto Ashgabat, stopping via the Erbent Desert community
Day 20 : In Ashgabat, visit Nisa Fortress and Gypjak Mosque
Day 21 : Trip ends in Ashgabat
- Freedom Hotel (1 night)
- Kemin Guesthouse (1 night)
- Sonun Yurt Camp (1 night)
- Reina Kench Guesthouse (1 night)
- Kazzhol Hotel (2 nights)
- Shumon Hotel (2 nights)
- Hotel Umarion (2 nights)
- Hotel Registon Saroy (2 nights)
- Hotel Sasha & Son (2 nights)
- Orient Star Khiva (2 nights)
- Hotel Tashkent (1 night)
- Darvaza Camp (1 night)
- Hotel Sport (2 nights)
- 20 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 6 Dinners
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Bishkek and from Ashgabat are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Five Stans of The Silk Road tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 248+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Five Stans of The Silk Road tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 January 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 January 2024, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Five Stans of The Silk Road tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Five Stans of The Silk Road tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.