- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan/ Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
Day 1 : Join trip in Bishkek and have an afternoon exploring the city
Day 2 : Morning visit to Osh Bazaar before driving out to Ala Archa National Park
Day 3 : Drive to Burana Tower and visit a stadium for horse games. Drive onto Kochkor
Day 4 : Learn how to make Kyrgyz fried bread. Then drive onto Lake Issyk Kul to sleep in a yurt
Day 5 : Explore Jet Oguz gorge on foot and then drive onto Karakol for a city tour
Day 6 : Cross the border into Kazakhstan and explore Charyn Canyon before driving to Almaty
Day 7 : Tour the wide boulevards and green parks of Almaty
Day 8 : Morning flight to Dushanbe. Afternoon orientation tour of the city
Day 9 : Further exploration of Dushanbe including Navruz Palace and the market
Day 10 : Full day drive into the Fann Mountains. Picnic stop for a scenic lunch and walk to a waterfall
Day 11 : Drive to the 'Seven Lakes' for a half day walk among the picturesque lakes
Day 12 : Drive to historic Samarkand to discover Registan Square and Gur Emir Mausoleum
Day 13 : A further morning to explore Samarkand before catching the high speed train to Bokhara
Day 14 : In Bokhara, discover blue-tiled domes and minarets; learn about the city's history
Day 15 : Another morning of exploring Bokhara before taking the high-speed train to Khiva
Day 16 : A full day to wander the narrow streets of the 'Open Air Museum' of Khiva
Day 17 : Drive west to the outpost of Nukus, stopping at the Savitsky Museum en route
Day 18 : Cross the border into Turkmenistan and drive onto Darvaza to camp by the flaming crater
Day 19 : Continue onto Ashgabat, stopping via the Erbent Desert community
Day 20 : In Ashgabat, visit Nisa Fortress and Gypjak Mosque
Day 21 : Trip ends in Ashgabat
- 20 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- B Hotel Bishkek (2 nights)
- Nomad Lodge (1 night)
- Tamga Yurt Camp (1 night)
- Reina Kench Guesthouse (1 night)
- Kazzhol Hotel (2 nights)
- Hotel Atlas (2 nights)
- Hotel Umarion (2 nights)
- Hotel Malika Classic (1 night)
- Hotel Sasha & Son (2 nights)
- Orient Star Khiva (2 nights)
- Hotel Jipek Joli (1 night)
- Darvaza Camp (1 night)
- Grand Turkmen Hotel (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Bishkek and from Ashgabat are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Five Stans of The Silk Road tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 216+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Five Stans of The Silk Road tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Five Stans of The Silk Road tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Five Stans of The Silk Road tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.