- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the legendary hospitality of Central Asia. With five nights spent across Tajikistan's excellent homestay network, you'll immerse yourself in local life.
- Skirting the border with Afghanistan, get glimpses of the other side, from the hairraising Afghanbuilt footbridges (ovrings) to the exotic imports on display in Khorog's local bazaar.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch as you take in the splendour of Karakul, the largest lake of some 800 in the Pamirs.
- Soaring along the iconic Pamir Highway is an unforgettable experience, especially in fine weather when the mighty peak of Muztag Ata rears its head.
Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan sprawl across the vast expanses of Central Asia but are still hidden from many visitor’s minds, despite offering outstanding beauty, simplicity and a feeling of complete remoteness. The allure lies in the heritage of the Silk Road, where ideas, culture and people flowed from East to West, and in the green field backcountry and sweeping mountain landscapes that play host to the traditional nomadic lifestyle. Journey through cities featuring crumbling reminders of Soviet occupation and influence and out into the stunning wilds, where the ancient history of these long-lived nations – Persian and Mongol, Buddhist and Muslim – becomes clearer. While political and military forces have battled over these regions, life in these isolated areas has changed little in the past centuries – the families you will stay with in their homes have remained, while empires have fallen.
My tour guide, Kelly, was super knowledgeable, funny, and a pleasure to be around!
The group of people from different countries, regions, and ages made it the best tour I have been on.
Below are a few highlights:
1. BBQ in the Grampians
2. Bay of Martyrs
3. Seeing koalas and kangaroos in their natural habitat
4. The scenery along the Great Ocean Road
5. A boomerang lesson
6. The entire trip was lovely.”
Kyrgyzstan/Tajikistan Border Crossing – Murgab
Tajikistan/Uzbekistan Border Crossing – Samarkand
- Guesthouse/Hotel with private rooms (11 nights), Guesthouse/Homestay multishare (5 nights)
- 16 Breakfast, 6 Lunch, 7 Dinner
- Private Vehicle
- Osh - Suleiman's Mountain
- Osh - Bazaar
- Tajikistan - Karakul Lake
- Langar - Petroglyphs
- Vrang - Buddist Stupa
- Ptup - Yamchun Fort
- Khorog - Regional Museum
- Khorog - Pamir Botanical Gardens
- Khorog – Bazaar
- Dushanbe - City Tour
- Dushanbe – Hissor Fort
- Dushanbe – National Museum of Antiquities of Tajikistan
- Samarkand - Shakh-I-Zinda
- Samarkand - Registan
- Samarkand - Gur-e-Amir Mausoleum
- Samarkand - Bibi-Khanym Mosque
- Samarkand - Paper making workshop & home cooked lunch
- Any international flights to Bishkek and from Tashkent are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tajikistan Discovery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 105+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tajikistan Discovery tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 57 days before departure. For any departures within 15 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Tajikistan Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tajikistan Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Last modified (date)
Is this trip right for you
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Finish point instructions