- City sightseeing
- Museum and gallery visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience the legendary hospitality of Central Asia. With five nights spent across Tajikistan's excellent homestay network, you'll immerse yourself in local life.
- Skirting the border with Afghanistan, get glimpses of the other side, from the hairraising Afghanbuilt footbridges (ovrings) to the exotic imports on display in Khorog's local bazaar.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch as you take in the splendour of Karakul, the largest lake of some 800 in the Pamirs.
- Soaring along the iconic Pamir Highway is an unforgettable experience, especially in fine weather when the mighty peak of Muztag Ata rears its head.
Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan sprawl across the vast expanses of Central Asia but are still hidden from many visitor’s minds, despite offering outstanding beauty, simplicity and a feeling of complete remoteness. The allure lies in the heritage of the Silk Road, where ideas, culture and people flowed from East to West, and in the green field backcountry and sweeping mountain landscapes that play host to the traditional nomadic lifestyle. Journey through cities featuring crumbling reminders of Soviet occupation and influence and out into the stunning wilds, where the ancient history of these long-lived nations – Persian and Mongol, Buddhist and Muslim – becomes clearer. While political and military forces have battled over these regions, life in these isolated areas has changed little in the past centuries – the families you will stay with in their homes have remained, while empires have fallen.
Kyrgyzstan/Tajikistan Border Crossing – Murgab
Tajikistan/Uzbekistan Border Crossing – Samarkand
- Guesthouse/Hotel with private rooms (11 nights), Guesthouse/Homestay multishare (5 nights)
- 16 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- Private Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Osh - Suleiman's Mountain
- Osh - Bazaar
- Tajikistan - Karakul Lake
- Langar - Petroglyphs
- Vrang - Buddist Stupa
- Ptup - Yamchun Fort
- Khorog - Regional Museum
- Khorog - Pamir Botanical Gardens
- Khorog – Bazaar
- Dushanbe - City Tour
- Dushanbe – Hissor Fort
- Dushanbe – National Museum of Antiquities of Tajikistan
- Samarkand - Shakh-I-Zinda
- Samarkand - Registan
- Samarkand - Gur-e-Amir Mausoleum
- Samarkand - Bibi-Khanym Mosque
- Samarkand - Paper making workshop & home cooked lunch
- Any international flights to Bishkek and from Tashkent are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tajikistan Discovery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 107+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tajikistan Discovery tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 May 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tajikistan Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tajikistan Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is the ultimate Central Asian road trip. Travellers who enjoy the journey even more than the destination will get the most out of this trip.
- This trip visits places as high as 5000 metres above sea level, which can cause altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Medical and
- Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information details on travelling at altitude.
- The varied terrain of Tajikistan also makes for extremely varied weather. Temperatures can range from below freezing to over 40ºC so check the weather forecast online before you visit and pack accordingly.
- Medical facilities can be as far away as 2-3 days' drive at times, as some locations are very remote. During this journey the group will spend time in remote areas without home comforts or easy access to medical facilities. You will need to have excellent physical health to join this trip and consult with your doctor before travelling if you have any ongoing illnesses or injuries.
- In the Pamirs you'll stay in local homestays, with the whole group often sleeping in one large room on mattresses on the floor. Bathroom facilities are outdoors, and it won't be possible to take a shower every night of the trip.
- Daily drives range from 3 to 10 hours in duration. Depending on traveller numbers, the group may be split into two vehicles. Though the longer travel days and single night overnight stays can be tiring, you'll be in a private vehicle, and much of the scenery in this part of the world is simply stunning.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Your fellow travellers
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Finish point instructions