- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Views of Lake IssykKul and AkaKul
- Hike through 6 different gorges, including the famously beautiful JetyOguz Canyon
- Chance to bathe in Altyn Arashan hot springs
- Discover Bishkek, Burana Tower and the CholponAta Petroglyphs
Spectacular trekking through alpine meadows and wild pastures inhabited by Kyrgyz nomads - past gushing rivers and waterfalls, taking in panoramic views of Lake Issyk-Kul and the snow-capped peaks of the Tian Shan Range, meaning 'Mountains of Heaven'. The first part of the walking route crosses a series of rugged, seldom-visited gorges, which only the most intrepid of outsiders have laid eyes on. Whilst the latter part of the trek crosses into Jety-Oguz Gorge, famed for its immense beauty. There's also the chance to hike to the foot of Karakol Peak (the highest in the region) and there are all sorts of other delights besides the trek itself: rejuvenate in the thermal baths of Altyn Arashan, learn to make traditional 'lagman' noodles in a family home, take a guided tour of Bishkek, and visit ancient sites including the Cholpon-Ata Petroglyphs.
Day 1: Arrive Bishkek; afternoon city tour
Day 2: Full day excursion and warm-up walk in Ala-Archa N.P.
Day 3: Drive via Burana Tower to Tosor Village on the shores of Lake Issyk-Kul;
overnight in a yurt camp
Day 4: Free morning by the lake; transfer to Juukuchak Gorge
Day 5: Trek over Orto-Bulak Pass (2,540m) to Kichi-Kyzyl-Suu Gorge
Day 6: Hike through nomad pastures to Djili-Suu; option to visit nearby hot springs
Day 7: Trek to Jety-Oguz Canyon via Kok-Jaiyk Pass (2750m)
Day 8: Ascend via a narrow, wooded river gorge to the base of Telety Pass
Day 9: Cross Telety Pass (3800m); descend through alpine meadows to Karakol
Day 10: Daywalk to the foot of Karakol Peak, the highest in the Terskey Ala-Too Range
Day 11: Ascend through forest to a waterfall by Lake Ala-Kul (3600m)
Day 12: Long descent with fine mountain views to Altyn Arashan; option to take a dip
in the thermal baths
Day 13: Military truck to Karakol for sightseeing; traditional home-cooked
‘lagman’ noodle dinner
Day 14: Drive to Bishkek visiting Cholpon-Ata Petroglyphs en route; optional Kyrgyz
Day 15: End Bishkek
- 4 nights hotels, 8 nights full-service camping and 2 nights basic yurt camp (multi-share) , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 12 lunches and 12 dinners included
- 15 days land only/16 days flight inclusive
- All listed transport and activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Arrival and departure transfers (group flights only)
- 8 days point-to-point walking with full porterage
- Altitude maximum 3,800m, average 2,730m
- Optional single supplement (excludes yurt camps)
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Bishkek are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kyrgyzstan: Tian Shan Gorge Trek tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 157+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kyrgyzstan: Tian Shan Gorge Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kyrgyzstan: Tian Shan Gorge Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kyrgyzstan: Tian Shan Gorge Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.