- Walking tour
- Active and outdoor
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- The Silk Road Experience the contrasts of the dramatic mountains of Kyrgyzstan and the plains of Uzbekistan
- Yurt stay Sample nomadic life with an overnight in a traditional felt tent
- Mountain scenery Stand on the shores of sublime alpine lakes surrounded by snowcapped peaks
- Walks Explore Chichkan Gorge and the walnut woodland of Arslanbob
This overland adventure travels along parts of the ancient Silk Road through the wild mountain landscape of Kyrgyzstan and across the border and onto the dusty plains of Uzbekistan. Suusamyr Valley - Drive through remote mountain scenery and past lush alpine valleys passing nomadic families Song Kul - Stand on the shores of sublime alpine lakes and sleep in a traditional yurt Arslanbob - walk amongst ancient towering walnut forests and discover hidden waterfalls
1.Cycling down from mount Nebo
2.Cycling the kings highway
3.The off road cycling in the desert
4.The coffee demonstration in the camp
5. The church in Madaba
While some of this was due to weather and so out of your control it wasnt clear what we got instead to replace these missed experiences.
Costa Rica is well up there with a couple of others in second place. A wonderful experience.”
Day 1 : In Bishkek; afternoon city sightseeing
Day 2 : Drive to Karakol via Burana Tower and Issyk Kul Lake
Day 3 : Explore Karakol; walk in Djety Oguz Gorge
Day 4 : Drive to Kochkor; visit waterfalls en route
Day 5 : Spend the night in a traditional yurt at Song Kul Lake
Day 6 : Morning at Song Kul; return to Kochkor
Day 7 : Scenic drive through the mountains to Suusamyr Valley
Day 8 : Walking in Chichkan Gorge; afternoon drive to Toktogul Reservoir
Day 9 : Mountain drive to Djalal-Abad.
Day 10 : Discover Arslanbob, walk through walnut woodland, visit waterfall
Day 11 : Drive to Osh; cross border into Uzbekistan and drive to Fergana City
Day 12 : Drive via ceramic workshop in Rishtan to Tashkent
Day 13 : In Tashkent, city tour; free afternoon
Day 14 : Tour ends in Tashkent
- 13 Breakfasts, 6 Dinners
- Tien-Shan Guesthouse (1 night)
- Altamira Hotel (2 nights)
- Kochkor Family Guesthouse (2 nights)
- Song Kul Lake Yurt Camp (1 night)
- Baytur Resort (1 night)
- Kok-Bel Hotel (1 night)
- Rosa Park hotel (2 nights)
- Hotel Voyage (1 night)
- Hotel Uzbekistan (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader(s)
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Bishkek and from Tashkent are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kyrgyzstan's Silk Road Journey tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 97+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kyrgyzstan's Silk Road Journey tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kyrgyzstan's Silk Road Journey tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kyrgyzstan's Silk Road Journey tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.