- duration 15 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-99 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-35162
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Journey through spectacular scenery to Son-Kul and Issyk-Kul Lakes
- Discover Cholpon Ata Petroglyphs
- Trek over the Telety and Ala Kol Passes and to the foot of Karakol Peak
- Soak in the hot springs of Altin Arashan
- Explore the intriguing capital city of Bishkek
Discover the land of the Nomads and Celestial Mountains on this active adventure through Kyrgyzstan. The celestial Tian Shan Mountains take up much of the small republic of Kyrgyzstan and provide a stunning landscape of eternal snows and alpine meadows. Explore this culturally rich country meeting local herders to learn about their traditional way of life, and discover this mysterious land where people's lives are shaped by breathtaking sheer peaks, swift horses and majestic glaciers in a very unique interpretation of lands forgotten by time. Explore the lonely beauty of Son-Kul and Issyk-Kul Lakes situated on a treeless mountain plateau with its verdant meadows used by shepherds in the summer months. If you are looking for an unforgettable experience exploring a remote country of blue lakes and green valleys, this is the journey for you!
Day 1 : Arrive Bishkek
Day 2 : Bishkek sightseeing
Day 3 : Transfer to Son-Kul Lake (3,100m)
Day 4 : Son-Kul Lake (3,100m)
Day 5 : Transfer to Issyk-Kul Lake (1,690m)
Day 6 : Transfer to Jeti-Oguz Gorge (2,250m)
Day 7 : Trek to Telety Pass (3,800m)
Day 8 : Trek over Telety Pass (3,800m) down to Karakol Gorge (2,500m)
Day 9 : Hike to the foot of Karakol Peak (5,216m)
Day 10 : Trek along the gorge to Ala Kol Lake (3,532m)
Day 11 : Trek over Ala Kol Pass (3,800m) & descend into Arashan Gorge (2,600m)
Day 12 : Transfer to Karakol (1,800m)
Day 13 : Transfer to Cholpon-Ata
Day 14 : Transfer to Bishkek
Day 15 : Trip concludes in Bishkek
- Comfortable hotels on twin share basis
- 14 breakfasts, 13 lunches, 14 dinners
- Airport transfers (group transfers day 1 and 15)
- Private transport throughout
- Mountain guide on trek
- 50l kit bag for personal items provided during trek with 12kg allowance
- Local doctor whilst on trek only (days 6-12)
- Porter and cook services on trek
- Group camping equipment
- Medical kit
- International airfares
- Travel Insurance (Compulsory)
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the program
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, alcohol, etc
- Tips and gratuities
- Sleeping bags are not provided but can be hired
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 97+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kyrgyzstan & the Tian Shan Mountains tour. You can cancel the tour up to 72 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 71 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 February 2024, a deposit of 317 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 71 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kyrgyzstan & the Tian Shan Mountains tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kyrgyzstan & the Tian Shan Mountains tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Guides are trained in our COVID-19 response plan that has been developed in line with state government medical provisions.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.