- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 26 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Skirting the border with Afghanistan, get glimpses of the other side, from the hairraising Afghanbuilt ovrings (footbridges) to the exotic imports on display in Khorog's local bazaar.
- Soaring along the renowned Pamir Highway is an unforgettable experience, especially in fine weather when the mighty peak of Muztag Ata rears its head.
- Steeped in Silk Road history and immortalised in many great tales, the UNESCOprotected town of Khiva is as photogenic as it is legendary.
- Witness the eternal flames of the Darvaza Crater, known as the 'Door to Hell', as you camp nearby – one of the strangest, most mesmerising geological oddities on earth.
Get to know – or under-Stan, if you will – the desert landscapes, multicultural influences and religious significance in Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan on a 26-day Central Asian adventure. The region’s allure lies in the heritage of the Silk Road, where ideas, culture and people flowed from East to West, and in the green field backcountry and sweeping mountain landscapes that play host to the traditional nomadic lifestyle. Journey through cities featuring crumbling reminders of Soviet occupation and influence and out into the stunning wilds, where the ancient history of these long-lived nations – Persian and Mongol, Buddhist and Muslim – becomes clearer. Samarkand’s iconic Registan Square, the soaring Ak-Baital Pass, Khiva’s city within a city, the ‘Door to Hell’ – Central Asia has got it all.
Kyrgyzstan/Tajkistan Border Crossing – Murgab
Tajikistan/Uzbekistan Border Crossing – Samarkand
Konye-Urgench – Darvaza
Yerbent – Ashgabat
Merv – Mary
- Hotel/Guesthouse with private rooms (19 nights), Homestay/Guesthouse Multishare (5 nights), Camping (1 night)
- 25 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 8 Dinners
- Private vehicle , 4x4 vehicle , Plane , Metro , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Osh - Suleiman's Mountain
- Osh - Bazaar
- Tajikistan - Karakul Lake
- Langar - Petroglyphs
- Vrang - Buddist Stupa
- Ptup - Yamchun Fort
- Khorog - Regional Museum
- Khorog - Pamir Botanical Gardens
- Khorog – Bazaar
- Dushanbe - City Tour
- Dushanbe – Hissor Fort
- Dushanbe – National Museum of Antiquities of Tajikistan
- Samarkand - Shakh-I-Zinda
- Samarkand - Registan
- Samarkand - Gur-e-Amir Mausoleum
- Samarkand - Bibi-Khanym Mosque
- Samarkand - Paper making workshop & home cooked lunch
- Khiva - Pahlavon Mahmud Mausoleum
- Khiva - Kuhna Ark
- Khiva - Islom Hoja Minaret & Medressa
- Khiva - Juma Mosque
- Khiva - Tosh-Hovli Palace
- Darvaza - "Door to Hell" Crater
- Konye-Urgench - City tour
- Yerbent - Village visit
- Ashgabat - National Museum of Turkmenistan
- Ashgabat - Nisa ruins
- Ashgabat - Anau ruins
- Ashgabat - Independence Monument
- Ashgabat - Neutrality Arch
- Ashgabat - Turkmenbashy Ruhi Mosque & Family Mausoleum of the First President of Turkmenistan
- Ashgabat - Ertugrul Gazi Mosque
- Merv - Big & Small Kizkala
- Merv - Erk Kala & Gayur Kala
- Merv - Sultan Sanjar Mausoleum
- Any international flights to Bishkek and from Ashgabat are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Explore Kyrgyzstan to Turkmenistan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 193+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Explore Kyrgyzstan to Turkmenistan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Explore Kyrgyzstan to Turkmenistan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Explore Kyrgyzstan to Turkmenistan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip visits places as high as 5000 metres above sea level, which can cause altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Health’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more details on travelling at altitude and ensure you are familiar with signs of AMS.
- This is the ultimate Central Asian road trip. Travellers who enjoy the journey even more than the destination will get the most out of this trip. Daily drives range from 3 to 10 hours in duration. Depending on traveller numbers, the group may be split into two vehicles. Though the longer travel days and single night stays can be tiring, you'll be in a private vehicle, and much of the scenery in this part of the world is simply stunning.
- Medical facilities can be as far away as 2-3 days' drive at times, as some locations are very remote. During this journey the group will spend time in remote areas without home comforts or easy access to medical facilities. You will need to have excellent physical health to join this trip and consult with your doctor before travelling if you have any ongoing illnesses or injuries.
- The diversity of the seasons here makes for incredible scenery, but the weather in this region can be unpredictable. It’s best to wear layers at all times of the year in case conditions change during the day. At night the temperature can really drop, so bring your warm clothes. Camping can be especially cold at the start and end of the season. Even in the warmer months the temperature can be low in the mountains.
- Tourism is strictly controlled in Turkmenistan, with Letters of Invitation needed in advance in order to apply for your visa (which you can then get on arrival) and guides tending to be protective of what tourists see and fiercely proud of their nation and its leaders. Those used to more freedom of exploration and tour guides with a more global perspective may find their experience here different from in other destinations.
- There is one night of basic camping included on this trip in the Karakum Desert. Sleeping bags, mattresses and tents are all provided, but there are no bathing or permanent toilet facilities at the campsite.
- In the Pamirs you'll stay in local homestays, with the whole group often sleeping in one large room on mattresses on the floor. Bathroom facilities are outdoors, and it won't be possible to take a shower every night of the trip.
- Please note that this trip can involve a lot of walking. Please ensure you bring sturdy walking shoes and comfortable clothes. To make the most of the trip, it's best if you have at least a moderate level of fitness.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.