- City sightseeing
- Museum and gallery visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 26 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Central Asia is a fascinating and unique mix of ancient Silk Road culture, postsoviet culture and striving to redefine nations post independence. Geographically and for a time historically, it is the real centre of Asia
- The muchphotographed Registan in Samarkand is one of the true pinnacles of Islamic architecture. You'll be wowed by the scale, grandeur and beauty of the monuments to iconic figures such as Tamerlane and the Persian influenced madressas, mosques and mausoleums
- Experience for yourself the legend that is Central Asian hospitality there's really nothing like being welcomed into a local home or yurt for a meal, chatting with stall holders at bazaars or simply marvelling at the sights alongside locals
- Kyrgyzstans mountains are its monuments and its majesty. The landscapes here will stay with you long after the journey is over
Be entranced by the beauty and the wonder of Central Asia on this overland journey from the capital of Kyrgyzstan through the heartland of Uzbekistan to the forgotten yet futuristic Ashgabat. Take in the tranquil landscape of Son-Kol Lake, watch for wild boar and deer around Chychkan Gorge, hike up the sacred Sulumain-too Mountain in historic Osh, and get your fill of mosques and museums in Samarkand. Venture into the mysterious Turkmenistan, camp out by the 'gate of hell', and explore Ashgabat with architectures from a scifi movie. Abounding with ancient culture, divine natural beauty, intriguing relics, and welcoming people, this is a journey that will leave you eager to discover more of Central Asia.
Different landscapes. lakes and Bungle Bungles let you understand more about this wild Kimberley. If you like hiking,
swimming and drinking Champagne at the same time in the
Lake Agryle, go.”
Don Aryk - Issyk Kul - Kochkor
Suusamyr Valley - Chychkan - Kok-Bel
KGZ/UZB border crossing - Andijan - Tashkent
Samarkand - Shahrisabz - Bukhara
Gijduvan - Bukhara
Konye-Urgench - Darvaza
Yerbent - Ashgabat
Merv - Mary
- Guesthouse/Homestay (3 night), Hotel (20 nights), Yurt/Camp (2 nights)
- 25 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- Private Bus , Metro , High Speed Train
- An expert tour leader
- Bishkek - City Tour
- Shamsy Valley - Burana tower
- Don Aryk - Local home visit & horsemanship demonstration
- Kochkor - Market
- Kochkor - Women's Felt Co-op
- Uzgen - Uzgen Minaret & Complex
- Osh - Sulaiman-Too Mountain
- Osh - National Historical and Archaeological Museum Complex
- Tashkent - Chorsu Bazaar
- Tashkent - Khast Imom Complex & Moyie Mubarek Library Museum
- Tashkent - History Museum of the People of Uzbekistan
- Samarkand - Bibi-Khanym Mosque
- Samarkand - Gur-e-Amir Mausoleum
- Samarkand - Shakh-I-Zinda
- Samarkand - Registan
- Samarkand - Paper making workshop & home cooked lunch
- Shakhrisabz - Ak Saray Palace
- Shakhrisabz - Kok-Gumbaz Mosque
- Shakhrisabz - Dor-ut Tilovat Memorial Complex
- Shakhrisabz - Dorus Saodat Complex
- Bukhara - Ismail Samani Mausoleum
- Bukhara - Sitorai Mohi Hosa Palace
- Bukhara - Chor-Bakr Necropolis
- Bukhara - Ark Fortress
- Bukhara - Kalon Mosque
- Vobkent - Minaret
- Gijduvan - Ceramics workshop
- Khiva - Pahlavon Mahmud Mausoleum
- Khiva - Kuhna Ark
- Khiva - Islom Hoja Minaret & Medressa
- Khiva - Juma Mosque
- Khiva - Tosh-Hovli Palace
- Darvaza - "Door to Hell" Crater
- Konye-Urgench - City tour
- Yerbent - Village visit
- Ashgabat - National Museum of Turkmenistan
- Ashgabat - Nisa ruins
- Ashgabat - Anau ruins
- Ashgabat - Independence Monument
- Ashgabat - Neutrality Arch
- Ashgabat - Turkmenbashy Ruhi Mosque & Family Mausoleum of the First President of Turkmenistan
- Ashgabat - Ertugrul Gazi Mosque
- Merv - Big & Small Kizkala
- Merv - Erk Kala & Gayur Kala
- Merv - Sultan Sanjar Mausoleum
- Any international flights to Bishkek and from Ashgabat are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Bishkek to Ashgabat tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 193+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bishkek to Ashgabat tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bishkek to Ashgabat tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bishkek to Ashgabat tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Central Asia is a remote destination, perfect for intrepid travellers in the true sense of the word! You will venture well away from cities, right off the beaten track and be able to immerse yourself in local food, life and culture.
- There are some long days of driving over rough terrain, and shower and toilet facilities are limited (especially outside of Ashgabat). While these conditions may not be to your usual standard, the rewards of visiting a country like this are immeasurable.
- There is one night of camping on this trip. This is, of course, all part of your adventure in the Karakum Desert. Sleeping bags, mattresses and tents are provided, but there are no facilities at the campsite.
- Accommodation may on occassion be more basic than what you are used to in homestays, guesthouses and yurt stay. Shower and toilet facilities will be limited in some places and nonexistent in others. While the comfort level won't always be high, the rewards of living in true local style in this far-out part of the world are immeasurable.
- This is an overland journey, so there will be some very long days of travelling and driving, often over rough terrain. This can be tiring at times and will require a great deal of patience at others, especially at border crossings.
- What Kyrgyzstan lacks in 'sights' compared to the Silk Road monuments and old towns of Uzbekistan, it makes up for in alpine landscapes, opportunities for interaction with local families and plenty of time spent on the road or outdoors exploring natural surroundings.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.