- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the beautiful city of Bilbao through its unique food: pintxos
- Experience poteo, which basically means hopping from bar to bar drinking wine and eating pintxos – just like a local!
- Enjoy the culture, mingling with locals, and joining your own cuadrilla, group of close Basque friends
- Taste 4 different pintxos and 3 drinks
Get to know Bilbao through its local food and drinks on a tour that highlights the city’s best pintxos (tasty local tapas). Join an expert local guide and learn all about poteo, a local word meaning hopping from bar to bar drinking wine and eating pintxos – something that is a way of life in Bilbao and what you’ll get to do on this fun, food-focused tour.
Our Bilbao food and walking and tour starts at Ribera Market, the largest covered food market in Europe and where both Michelin Star chefs and ordinary citizens stock up on some of the best food the city has to offer.
After visiting the market, it’s time to dive into the Old Town. Navigating narrow streets, we’ll visit different pintxo areas, stopping in picturesque bars, and absorbing the local atmosphere. As we walk, you’ll also be learning about the close relationship between gastronomy and emblematic sites such as The Cathedral of Santiago or Plaza Nueva. We will talk about wines, and about txikiteros, the local wine drinkers who sing songs while drinking, and of course, we will taste the best reflection of Basque gastronomy: pintxos.
Once we have visited the Old Town, we’ll cross the river to enter the Ensanche, the economic center of the city and where poteo is also practiced. Here we’ll have the chance to taste Rioja wines, as well as pintxos that mix the most avant-garde cuisine with the most traditional flavours of local products.
Your tour ends here, where you’ll not only be full of tasty pintxos, but also have a newfound knowledge of local culture and traditions. And most importantly, you’ll feel like an authentic Bilbaíno.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Pintxo Pote Discovery Tour tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 75 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Pintxo Pote Discovery Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Pintxo Pote Discovery Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Ribera Market close to Ribera Bar. Next to the escalators.Meeting end point :
In front of the entrance of the Deputation Library.