- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Stunning fjord scenery
- Guided tour of historic Bergen
- Daywalk in the Jotunheimen National Park
- Boat trip across glacial lake and optional walk over Nigardsbreen Glacier
Norway's stunning fjords are rightly ranked as one of the scenic wonders of the world, and few visitors can fail to be inspired by the contrast of snow-capped mountains, steep green hillsides and powerful waterfalls plunging into the calm clear waters of the fjords. The majority of visitors come by coach and crowd into a few busy hotspots, whereas we discover these classic landscapes on foot, giving unique access to areas of tranquil beauty and high panoramic viewpoints. Our base at Nes Farm is a cosy family-run guesthouse looking towards the Feigumfoss waterfall across Lustrafjord, nestled between the Jotunheim, Norway's highest mountains, and the massive ice cap of Jostedalsbreen. The valley lies between three national parks: Jotunheim, Jostedalen and Breheiman. Our base is a cosy family-run guesthouse looking towards the Feigumfoss waterfall across Lustrafjord.
Day 1: Start Bergen.
Day 2: Sightseeing tour of Bergen. Journey to Lustrafjord
Day 3: Warm-up walk to Molden peak (1116m), excellent viewpoint for Sognefjord;
optional visit to UNESCO-listed Urnes Stave church.
Day 4: Full daywalk in Breheimen National Park, known as the 'Home of the Glaciers',
from Vigdal to Navarsete hut.
Day 5: Bus to Nigardsbreen glacier (part of Jostedalsbreen icecap); walk and boat
trip on glacial lake; optional glacier walk.
Day 6: Daywalk in the spectacular Jotunheim National Park.
Day 7: Hike into the Mørkrisdalen Valley.
Day 8: Scenic drive to Bergen; end Bergen.
- 1 night hotel in Bergen, 6 nights guesthouse , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 7 packed lunches and 6 dinners included
- Travel by minibus and ferry
- Transfer for group flights
- 5 days centre-based walking
- Group normally 6 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Altitude maximum 2000m, average 500m
- Optional glacier walk
- Any international flights to/from Bergen are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking the Fjords tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 131+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking the Fjords tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 375 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 02 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Walking the Fjords tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking the Fjords tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.