- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- duration 1 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 6
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
Discover the Asian beauty of Sri Lanka! Visit the Elephant Transit Home and watch a milk feeding for the orphans from a viewing platform. Then explore the facility to understand its focus on providing essential resources to these animals. See one of the most fascinating national parks in Sri Lanka, Udawalawe National Park. Take a safari through the park and spot a wide array of animals, including elephants, leopards, water buffaloes, and deer. Keep your eyes peeled for sloth bears and hear how Udawalawe is an important habitat for Sri Lankan elephants and water birds before lunch.
You will be picked up early morning from your hotel and taken to the Elephant Transit Home in Udawalawe. The Elephant Transit Home helps to care for injured elephants from all over Sri Lanka (duration 2hrs approx.). Supported by the Born Free Foundation, the complex is a halfway house for orphaned elephants. After rehabilitation, the elephants are released back into the wild, many into the Uda Walawe National Park (Feeding times 9:00 am, 12:00 pm, 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm). Upon completion, proceed to have lunch in Udawalawe (included). Thereafter proceed to do a safari at the Udawalawe National Park (duration 3hrs approx.) You will also have the opportunity to witness other wildlife such as Sambar deer, wild Buffalo, Mongoose, Bandicoots, Fox, Water Monitor Lizards, Crocodiles, Sloth bears and the occasional leopard. There are also around 30 varieties of snakes and an abundance of birdlife. Upon completion, proceed to your respective beach hotel in Bentota or Negombo.
- Lunch at a local restaurant in Udawalawe
- Private transportation in an air-conditioning vehicle
- Operated with English-speaking driver-guide
- Jeep at Udawalawe
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Elephant Transit Home, Udawalawe National Park
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 14+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Udawalawe Full-day Tour With Lunch, Private Excursion tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Udawalawe Full-day Tour With Lunch, Private Excursion tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Udawalawe Full-day Tour With Lunch, Private Excursion tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.