- Active and outdoor
- Art and architecture
- duration 1 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 6
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Mawanella: Spicing the Wonder of Asia, Mawanella is renowned for a handsome contribution towards the spice industry.
- Giragama: is always a household name when it comes to Ceylon Tea. Visit a tea factory in Giragama for an authentic experience curled around a cup of tea.
Discover the Asian beauty of Sri Lanka with private guide and transportation. Explore and have lunch at the enchanting Kandy. Make a stop at a typical tea factory and learn about its process in Giragama. Experience an ancient Kandyan legacy engraved around its crown jewel, the temple of the sacred tooth relic of Lord Buddha. Walk into the 147-acre Botanical Gardens and visit the spice garden in Mawanella.
After breakfast at your respective beach hotel, you will be picked up and taken to Mawanella. Upon arrival, visit a Spice Garden (approx. 1hr). Stop by a spice grow for a quick glance at the process bundled with growing and processing spices while inhaling the fresh scent entrapped within the shady grows that cater towards the bloodline of national growth. Upon completion, proceed to visit the Tea Plantation in Giragama (approx. 1hr). Watch how tea is being processed before they are graded, and send your taste buds to the edge with a fresh cup of Ceylon Tea just off the estate! Upon completion, proceed to Kandy, for lunch (included) and then enjoy the city tour (approx. 2hrs). Experience an ancient Kandyan legacy engraved around its crown jewel, the temple of the sacred tooth relic of Lord Buddha. A stroll across this small lakeside town will feature the Kandy City Centre, bundled with latest and world-class brands, bazaar, an arts & crafts centre, as well as a gem museum & lapidary. Walk in colour as you glide through fresh fruits and vegetables in the Kandy market. Upon completion, proceed to the Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya (approx. 2hrs). Walk into this 147-acre bliss of an experience, passing well-tended lawns, pavilions & an octagon conservatory to be greeted by the vast expanse of a magnificently landscaped lush green turf, which will encourage you for an exhilarating break. Towards the north of the entrance rests a cafeteria that one might come across before stepping into some of the highlights, the orchid house & giant Javan fig tree, of this place which overflow in grace. Upon completion, proceed to your respective beach stay hotels.
- Lunch at a local restaurant in Kandy
- Private transportation in an air-conditioning vehicle
- Operated with English-speaking driver-guide
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Spice Garden in Mawanella, Tea Plantation in Giragama, Kandy city tour, Royal Botanical Gardens of Peradeniya
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 11+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kandy Full-day Tour With Lunch, Private Excursion tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kandy Full-day Tour With Lunch, Private Excursion tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kandy Full-day Tour With Lunch, Private Excursion tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.