- Getaways and short breaks
- Active and outdoor
- Art and architecture
- duration 4 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Giragama: name when it comes to Ceylon Tea, Giragama is always a household.
- Nuwara Eliya: augmented by an English countryside atmosphere, the city of light is still studded with colonial bungalows, hedgerows & one of the finest 18hole golf courses in the world.
- Kitulgala white water rafting: The Kelani River provides adventure seekers a treat with shooting rapids that facilitate white water rafting.
This tour takes you to discover the enchanting Kandy and its surroundings. Make a stop at a typical tea factory and learn about its process in Giragama. Experience an ancient Kandyan legacy engraved around its crown jewel, the temple of the sacred tooth relic of Lord Buddha. Walk into the 147-acre Botanical Gardens and visit the spice garden in Mawanella and venture into Kitulgala for white water rafting, the river's clear water is born in the heart of the peak wilderness reserve and tumbles through a rocky gorge.
Day 1: Bentota/ Kalutara/ M. Lavinia – Mawanella – Giragama – Kandy (185km – 4hrs)
Day 2: Kandy: Temple & Cultural Show
Day 3: Kandy – Nuwara Eliya (80km – 2.5hrs)
Day 4: Nuwara Eliya – Kitulgala – Bentota/ Kalutara/ M. Lavinia (226km – 5hrs)
- 3 night’s accommodation
- 3 Breakfasts
- 2 Lunches (Day 1, 3)
- 3 Dinners
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Mawanella spice garden, Giragama tea factory (Day 1); Kandy Temple, Cultural show (Day 2); Nuwara Eliya tea plantation (Day 3); White Water Rafting (Day 4)
- Private transportation in an air-conditioning vehicle
- Operated with English-speaking driver-guide
- Visa fees
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Airport transfers
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Optional tours (if any)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 32+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kandy & Nuwara Eliya, Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 September 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kandy & Nuwara Eliya, Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kandy & Nuwara Eliya, Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.