- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy stunning views over the sparkling Mediterranean
- Follow traditional footpaths through rugged mountain landscapes
- Make the most of the 300 days of sunshine found here on a late getaway
- Gain cultural insight from our local Spanish guide
Although close to the Costa Blanca, the dramatic massif of Sierra de Aitana has remained a secret from all but a few discerning visitors. We follow traditional footpaths and mule tracks, mostly along ridge lines, giving us spectacular panoramic vistas, and then descend to beautiful valleys with natural springs, fantastic limestone amphitheatres, and where castles dot distant hilltops. The rocky peaks and steep valleys which sweep down to the Mediterranean coast, benefit from the privilege of a warm climate for over 300 days of the year, making it an ideal location for out-of-season walking.
Start Benimantell village.
An enchanting walk passing the limestone needles of Penya Roc before walking
through El Salt down to Collado Papatxi.
Walk up Peña del Rastrell for fantastic views over Guadalest Valley.
Climb Serrella Peak for vistas of the Aitana Range; descend via a magnificent
gorge to Beniarda; visit a local olive oil factory.
Free day; chance to head to the beach at colourful Villajoyosa or visit a
Summit Puig Campana (1410m) for panoramic views to the Costa Blanca and
across the region.
Spectacular walk along the dramatic Simas Limestone Fissures; option to scale
Day 8: End Benimantell village.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 6 dinners (local wine with dinner)
- Transfer for group flights
- 7 nights pension, all rooms en suite
- 5 days guided walking; 1 free day
- Group normally 4 to 14, plus local leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Altitude maximum 1558m, average 1100m
- Some rocky paths and steep ascents/descents
- Any international flights to/from Benimantell are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sierra de Aitana Trek tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 47 in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sierra de Aitana Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 26 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Sierra de Aitana Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sierra de Aitana Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.