- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 7+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Wildlife Opportunities to see howler monkeys, spider monkeys, toucans, parrots, crocodiles and much more in the tropical forests
- Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary Spot the many types of birds on a boat trip though Crooked Tree Lagoon wetland habitat
- Jaguar Sanctuary Stay in a jungle lodge in the Cockscomb Basin Jaguar Sanctuary, a rainforest reserve.
- Mayan sites Visit the ancient temples of Xunantunich, and journey by boat through the jungle along New River to the site of Lamanai.
Belize is one of the world's leading ecotourism destinations, with swathes of untouched rainforest, prolific wildlife, mangrove coasts, and one of the most extensive coral reef in the western hemisphere, second only in size and grandeur to Australia's Great Barrier Reef. Add to that ancient monuments (over 900 ancient Mayan ruins are located in the country) and fantastic beaches and you have an ideal family adventure destination. Wildlife - Opportunities to see howler monkeys, spider monkeys, toucans, parrots, crocodiles and much more in the tropical forests Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary. Mayan sites - Journey by boat through the deep jungle to the ancient temples of Xunantunich and Lamanai Tropical islands - Experience laid back Caribbean island life on two tropical islands, be as active as you want.
Day 1 : Join trip in Belize City
Day 2 : Visit Community Baboon Sanctuary. Drive to Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary
Day 3 : Boat trip to jungle ancient Mayan site of Lamanai, deep in the jungle
Day 4 : Explore Crooked Tree village and lagoon, wildlife watching. Drive to San Ignacio, visit a Green Iguana breeding programme.
Day 5 : In San Ignacio. Visit Xunantunich Mayan site. Afternoon canoeing in a cave system.
Day 6 : Free day with optional tours around the area including Tikal, a UNESCO World Herital Site
Day 7 : Travel to the Blue Hole National Park and Green Valley Project Organic Farm, boat to Tobacco Caye
Day 8 : Free day with optional trips including snorkelling in the Belize barrier reef system
Day 9 : To Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Reserve, home of jaguar. Walk reserve trails and stay in jungle lodge
Day 10 : Cockscomb Basin Jaguar Sanctuary
Day 11 : Drive to Belize City, water taxi to Caye Caulker
Day 12 : Free time on Caye Caulker
Day 13 : Free time on Caye Caulker
Day 14 : Trip ends in Caye Caulker
- 10 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 6 Dinners
- Ramada Princess Hotel (1 night)
- Birds Eye View Lodge (2 nights)
- Cahal Pech Village Resort (3 nights)
- Joe Jo's by the beach (2 nights)
- Cockscomb (2 nights)
- Costa Maya Beach Cabanas (3 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Belize City and from Caye Caulker are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Family Belize Wildlife Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 111+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Family Belize Wildlife Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Family Belize Wildlife Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Family Belize Wildlife Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.