- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 17+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Search for a variety of seabirds—puffins, gannets, guillemots, kittiwakes, and more—many will be tending to downy chicks.
- Visit Giant’s Causeway where some 40,000 closelypacked hexagonal columns descend like a staircase into the sea.
- Discover important Neolithic monuments—the Standing Stones of Stenness; the Ring of Brodgar; and Skara Brae, a wellpreserved Stone Age village.
- Explore a variety of architectural wonders, from Mousa’s Iron Age broch and 12thcentury Iona Abbey to the magnificent St. Magnus Cathedral in Kirkwall.
History comes to life as you view important Neolithic monuments—the Standing Stones of Stenness, the Ring of Brodgar, and Skara Brae—and other architectural wonders, from Mousa’s Iron Age broch and 12th-century Iona Abbey to the magnificent St. Magnus Cathedral in Kirkwall.
Day 1: Check in to the /Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast/.
Day 2: Depart overland for Portrush for a visit to the World Heritage Site of
Day 3: Weather permitting, spend the morning exploring the uninhabited island of
Staffa by Zodiac and its most famous feature, Fingal’s Cave.
Day 4: Spend the morning at St. Kilda.
Day 5: Arrive in the capital city of Kirkwall on Mainland Island in the Orkneys
today for visits to the magnificent St.
Day 6: This morning enjoy a guided walking tour of Lerwick, capital of the Shetland
Islands, which are steeped in Norse heritage.
Day 7: One of the most isolated settlements in the British Isles, Fair Isle is
renowned for the quality and intricacy of its handmade sweaters, using local
Day 8: Disembark in Aberdeen this morning, and enjoy a scenic drive to Edinburgh.
- All accommodations
- All onboard meals and group meals ashore, including soft drinks, beer, and wine with lunch and dinner
- Daily activity options including cultural tours, nature walks, and Zodiac cruises
- All gratuities
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- Arrival and departure transfers on group dates
- Gift certificates for recommended expedition gear
- Medical expense coverage and emergency evacuation insurance
- Any international flights to Belfast and from Edinburgh are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wild Scottish Isles tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 245+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wild Scottish Isles tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 699 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 03 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Wild Scottish Isles tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wild Scottish Isles tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.