- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 15 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 14
- guiding method Fully guided
- Ksara wine tasting
- Cedar Forest
- Qadisha Valley
- Baatara Gorge & Waterfall
- Show more
Spend the first 7 days of this tour exploring Lebanon, located on the eastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea. Though small, Lebanon is rich with history, culture and was the site of some of the world's oldest human settlements.
On this tour, you will visit the great Phoenician cities of Tyre and Sidon. You will see Byblos, the oldest continually inhabited city in the world, and the City of the Sun, the most well-preserved temple complex in the Middle East.
This Lebanon tour is also perfect for lovers of nature and scenery. You will see several natural phenomena, including the Ksara Caves, Rock of Raouche, the Baatara Gorge Waterfall, and the Jeita Grotto. You will visit the birthplace of the renowned poet Khalil Gibran and see the famous Lebanon cedar trees, mentioned in the Old Testament.
In Jordan we start by heading out of Amman to discover some of Jordan's famous Umayyad 'Desert Castles', situated amidst the sands on ancient trading routes. We'll also explore Downtown Amman on foot, enjoying a tasty lunch of falafel and hummus in a local restaurant and picking up some Arabic tips from our guide. Next we head north to the amazing Roman site of Jerash, one of the very best preserved in the whole of the Middle East. An afternoon hike through the forests near Ajloun Castle to see some Bronze Age Dolmens follows, before we spend the night in a simple but comfortable local homestay, eating and chatting with the family.
The Roman mosaics at Madaba are next, and the amazing views towards Jericho and Israel from Mt. Nebo follow, as we descend towards the Dead Sea for a night in a 4-star resort and a swim, or float in the amazing salty waters. From the Dead Sea our next short hike takes us around the restored Dana Village in the Dana Biosphere Reserve, Jordan's largest nature reserve. A visit to the Crusader Castle at Shobak then follows before we explore Jordan's main highlight, the amazing lost city of Petra. We have time for a guided tour here, as well as free time to hike up to the Monastery and High Place of Sacrifice for some amazing views. Finally we head to the beautiful desert scenery of Wadi Rum where we'll spend the night in a comfortable Bedouin camp against the towering cliffs. The next morning we take a jeep safari through the sand dunes and past amazing rock bridges before spending some time with a local Bedouin shepherd, learning about their nomadic way of life and how they look after their animals in the desert. After a tasty lunch in the desert, we head back north to Amman for a final evening in a coffee shop, perhaps enjoying a sheesha and game of backgammon while looking back over our time in this amazing country.
Day 1 Arrival in Beirut, hotel transfer
Day in Beirut - pre-tour
Day 2 Barouk Cedar Nature Reserve, Deir al Qamar
Day 3 Beirut tour, Harissa & Jeita Grotto
Day 4 Byblos, Baatara Gorge Sinkhole
Day 5 Qadisha Valley, Becharre, The Cedars Ski Resort,
Day 6 Baalbek, Anjar, Ksara Caves
Day 7 Tyre, Sidon
Day 8 Transfer to Jordan
Day 9 : Visiting Jordan’s imposing Desert Castles
Day 10 : Exploring the ancient city of Jerash & Aljoun Castle
Day 11 : Travel from Ajloun to Madaba, Mount Nebo & the Dead Sea
Day 12 : Exploring Dana Biosphere Reserve and Shobak Castle en-route to Petra
Day 13 : The rose-red city of Petra and a Wadi Rum Bedouin Camp
Day 14 : A jeep safari and Bedouin experience in Wadi Rum. Travel to Amman
Day 15 : Free time in Amman. Hotel to airport transfer included
- 10 nights in 3 & 4-star hotels
- 1 night in guesthouse/hotel in Zahle
- 1 night in monastery accommodation in Qadisha Valley
- 1 night in Jordan village homestay in shared rooms
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- All transport and transfers in AC vehicles
- English speaking tour leader and guides
- 1 night in Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum in comfortable tents
- All sightseeing tours as detailed in the itinerary
- Wine tasting in Ksara Caves
- 4x4 jeep safari and Bedouin experience in Wadi Rum
- International flights (available on request)
- Flight from Beirut to Amman on Day 8
- Visa fees (see Tour Notes)
- Entrance fees in Jordan (discounted package included with Jordan Pass)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available from Encounters Travel)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Hotel gala dinner supplements if applied on Christmas & New Year's Eve
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 97+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Lebanon & Jordan Encounters tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 March 2022, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Lebanon & Jordan Encounters tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lebanon & Jordan Encounters tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be recommended to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.