- City sightseeing
- Local culture
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
Uncover the best of Lebanon and Jordan on this 16 day adventure. Learn about the fascinating ancient histories of these two Middle Eastern countries and visit the highlights including the Crusader castles in Lebanon and the treasure of Jordan; Nabatean Petra. Cedars of God - See the 1000-year-old Lebanon Cedars set high above the Qadisha Valley Wadi Rum - Eat a traditional Bedouin barbeque, sit around the camp fire and sleep under a blanket of stars Middle Eastern cuisine - Taste red wine in the Bekaa Valley, feast on fresh hummus and falafel in the souks and try sweet knafeh in Amman Rural Lebanon - The FCDO is currently advising against travel to Baalbek, so until July 2022 we will be staying in the mountain village of Mtein for a real slice of Lebanese life. If the restriction is lifted we will add Baalbek back into our itinerary. We will continue to monitor the advice for future departures
Day 1 : Join trip in Beirut
Day 2 : Stand on Beirut's Green Line, discover Roman ruins and stroll along the Corniche
Day 3 : Visit Sidon's Phoenician sea castle and narrow souks before driving in to the Chouf Mountains
Day 4 : Discover Beiteddine Palace and experience a traditional Lebanese lunch. Travel to Mrouj
Day 5 : Explore the historic village of Mtein and picnic in the pine fores
Day 6 : Free morning in Byblos then drive to St Anthony's Monastery in the Qadisha Valley
Day 7 : Join the early morning prayers, discover dramatic limestone formations at Jeitta Caves and return to Beirut
Day 8 : Fly to Amman in Jordan
Day 9 : Guided visit to Roman Jerash; spend the afternoon exploring the Amman Citadel
Day 10 : Visit holy Mount Nebo and see Byzantine mosaics in Madaba before travelling to the 'rose city' of Petra
Day 11 : A full day to discover the magnificent archaeological site of Petra
Day 12 : Full free day to explore Petra; take the chance to trek up the Royal Tombs
Day 13 : Explore Wadi Rum desert by 4WD and camp in a Bedouin camp under the stars
Day 14 : Spend time by the Red Sea in Aqaba; an option to join a snorkelling trip
Day 15 : Visit the Dead Sea, the lowest point of Earth before travelling back to Amman
Day 16 : Trip ends in Amman
- 15 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Le Commodore Hotel (3 nights)
- Deir al Oumara Hotel (1 night)
- Grand Hotel Bois de Boulogne (1 night)
- Ahiram Hotel (1 night)
- St Antoine Monastery (1 night)
- Toledo Hotel (3 nights)
- Edom Hotel (3 nights)
- Muhammed Mutlak Wadi Rum Camp (1 night)
- My Hotel (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Beirut and from Amman are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Lebanon and Jordan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 183 today.
- Earn US$ 122+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Lebanon and Jordan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Lebanon and Jordan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Lebanon and Jordan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.