- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Beiteddine Palace
- Tyre World Heritage Site
- Sidon Souk
This 8-day tour is the perfect way to experience the unique and fascinating destination that is Lebanon. Found on the eastern shore of the Mediterranean, Lebanon is filled with historical and cultural sites and landmarks.
You will visit Tyre and Sidon, great ancient Phoenician cities; Byblos, the world’s oldest continually-inhabited city; and Heliopolis, the Middle East’s best-preserved temple. Lebanon also abounds with natural phenomena and landscapes, and you will visit many fascinating natural sites. These include the Baatara Gorge Waterfall, the Jeita Grotto, the Ksara Caves, and the Barouk Cedar Nature Reserve.
With sites such as the birthplace of Khalil Gibran, and the Lebanon cedar mentioned in the Old Testament, Lebanon provides the ideal combination nature, culture and history.
Accommodation is in 3-4 star boutique style hotels, a deluxe guesthouse in Zahle and one night a monastery in the Qadisha Valley where you may join the monks for morning prayer if you wish.. The itinerary will be adjusted slightly during the winter months to avoid some of the high mountain roads which will be blocked due to snow.
Day 1 Arrival in Beirut, hotel transfer
Day 2 Barouk Cedar Nature Reserve, Deir al Qamar, Beirut City Tour
Day 3 Beirut tour, Harissa & Jeita Grotto
Day 4 Byblos, Baatara Gorge Sinkhole
Day 5 Qadisha Valley, Becharre, The Cedars Ski Resort,
Day 6 Baalbek, Anjar, Ksara Caves
Day 7 Tyre, Sidon
Day 8 Airport transfer
- 5 nights in 3 to 4-star hotels in Beirut & Byblos
- 1 night in guesthouse/hotel in Zahle
- 1 night in monastery accommodation in Qadisha Valley
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (7 breakfasts, 1 lunch)
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- All transport and transfers in AC vehicles
- English speaking guide for all tours
- All sightseeing tours as detailed in the itinerary
- Wine tasting in Ksara Caves
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees (free on arrival for most nationalities)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available from Encounters Travel)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Hotel gala dinner supplements if applied on Christmas & New Year's Eve
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 49+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Lebanon Encounters tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 November 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Lebanon Encounters tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lebanon Encounters tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.