- Museum and gallery visits
- Countryside and village visits
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- The quintessential image of China is the imposing Great Wall – walk through history on an original section
- Like everything it does, China’s ancient history is on an epic scale – get a sense of it when you come facetoface with arrays of Terracotta Warriors. Also enjoy a deliciously home cooked meal while listening to the stories of our host who has lived through witnessed the changes brought about by this epic excavation.
- Learn about the endangered (and adorable) giant pandas’ struggle for survival, and get up close to these unique creatures in Chengdu.
- Step back in time with a boat trip through the painterly scenery of the Yangzi River, which meanders through the dramatic Three Gorges.
This trip weaves together China’s most famous icons. Walk an original section of the great wall and revel in the big show of Beijing. A city within a city of incredible scale and detail awaits, as well as serenely set palaces of sublime beauty and construction, and the full panoply of China’s people. A short high speed train ride away, in Xian, the famous Terracotta Warriors fascinate for their evocative detail, while a walk of the wider city finds us deep in the rarely seen exotica of the Muslim Quarter. The narrow streets, colourful markets and quiet mosques are surviving remnants of Silk Road caravan days. In Chengdu, observe the unique giant pandas in their struggle for survival. Relax on a Yangzi River cruise through the beautiful mountains above the Three Gorges dam, passing by picturesque rural villages still reliant on China’s most vibrant waterway. Travel to Yangshuo where the karst hills stand in the mist of Li River, serene and beatiful landscape immortalised by so many painters in generations. Shanghai’s bright lights, fevered trade and frenetic pace provide a glimpse into modern China and the dazzling global future and a palm sweating acrobatic show await for us here.
Yangzi River Cruise
- Hotel (13 nights), Cruise boat (3 nights)
- 16 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Cruise boat , High speed train , Plane , Subway
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Beijing - Temple of Heaven Park
- Beijing - Forbidden City
- Beijing - Mutianyu Great Wall (entransce fee, transfer included)
- Beijing - Summer Palace (entrance fee)
- Xi'an - Muslim Quarter walking tour
- Xi'an - Terracotta Warriors Tour (entrace fee, transport, local guide included)
- Xi'an - Hanyangling Mausoleum
- Xi'an - Home-cooked lunch
- Chengdu - Tea Tasting
- Chengdu - People's Park & Tianfu Square
- Chengdu - Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (entrance fee & transport included)
- Yichang - Guided Three Gorges Dam Project tour
- Yangshuo - Cooking School & Market Tour
- Yangshuo - Tai Chi/Kung Fu class
- Shanghai - Acrobat Show
- Shanghai - Leader-led walking tour
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Shanghai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Yangzi & Beyond tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 216 today.
- Earn US$ 143+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Yangzi & Beyond tour. You can cancel the tour up to 23 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 22 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 22 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Yangzi & Beyond tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Yangzi & Beyond tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip allows you to experience travel in a variety of different ways, using local transport including fast trains, a boat and plane, as a well as private buses. The trip covers a fair amount of ground, so be prepared for some long journeys.
- We suggest packing relatively lightly for this trip, as you’ll need to be able to comfortably carry your own luggage for the duration of the trip. This includes to and from accommodation, and on and off flights, trains and buses.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description