- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Trek alongside mountains on lesservisited parts of the wall
- Experience rural life first hand in little villages
- Guided tour or Beijing's 'hutongs', Tiananmen Square & the Forbidden City
- Possibility to add Terracotta Warrior extension
Stepping out across the peaceful semi-ruin of a section of the Great Wall is like walking in the footsteps of the past. Far from the tourist crowds we are able to get a great sense of the scale and majesty of this remarkable piece of engineering without rushing through in a big group. We trek along various contrasting sections of the wall, both dilapidated and rebuilt stretches. The old portions have a romantic feel, but the new ones may look odd to people who are used to seeing their ancient monuments in a poor state, though since the wall was constructed over a 2000 year period, the new sections are just a continuation of that process. We will get closer to day-to-day life in rural China before returning to Beijing, a city steeped in history yet plunging headlong into modernity.
Day 1: Arrive Beijing; free afternoon and Beijing duck dinner
Day 2: Drive to Huanghuacheng Great Wall section; afternoon begin trekking.
Day 3: Morning trek from Mutianyu to Jiankou, passing many watchtowers.
Day 4: A challenging but beautiful morning trek at Jiankou’s ‘wild’ wall;
transfer to Gubeikou and explore this section.
Day 5: Hike the Great Wall Jinshanling section; transfer back to Gubeikou.
Day 6: The most challenging walk today along the Panlongshan section; return to
Gubeikou for the night.
Day 7: Majiagou Hill walk with views of Crouching Tiger Great Wall; drive to Beijing
via Niangniang Temple.
Day 8: Beijing city tour visiting hutongs, Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden
Day 9: Our trips ends today in Beijing after breakfast.
- All accommodation All transport and listed activities
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners included
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Beijing are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking the Great Wall tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 73+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking the Great Wall tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walking the Great Wall tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking the Great Wall tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.