- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- age_requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Beijing Visit Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Old Dragons Head Visit the point where the Great Wall meets the sea
- Jiaoshan Walk on spectacular sections of the wall near its eastern end
- Panjiakou Take a boat trip where the Wall crosses the water
A walking trip that really gets off the beaten track in rural China exploring some of the most interesting and spectacular sections of China's iconic Great Wall. Extend your holiday travelling on an overnight train to Xian, the start of the Silk Road and home to the incredible Terracotta Warriors. Beijing - Visit Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City Panjiakou - Take a boat trip where the Wall crosses the water Jinshanling - Spectacularly scenic hike on the Wall across beautiful rolling hills
Day 1 : Join trip in Beijing
Day 2 : Visit Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City
Day 3 : Drive to Shanhaiguan where Great Wall reaches the sea
Day 4 : Trek on Great Wall to Jiaoshan Pass; drive to Panjiakou
Day 5 : Boat trip by the Wall, walk at Luowenyou
Day 6 : Visit Eastern Qing Tombs; trek on Wall to Huangyaguan
Day 7 : Drive to Gubeikou; beacon tower walk to Jinshanling
Day 8 : Trek on Great Wall towards Simatai; return to Jinshanling
Day 9 : Return to Beijing; overnight train to Xian
Day 10 : Sightseeing in the walled city of Xian
Day 11 : Visit the impressive Terracotta Warriors
Day 12 : Trip ends in Xian
- 11 Breakfasts
- Xiao Xiang Hotel (2 nights)
- Bo Yi Hotel (1 night)
- Sahe Jinyu Gangwan Hotel (1 night)
- Qing Feng Hotel (1 night)
- Huangyaguan Hotel (1 night)
- Rui Xiu Shan Zhuang Guesthouse (2 nights)
- Overnight Train from Beijing to Xian (1 night)
- Union Alliance Atravis Hotel (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Xian are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walk the Great Wall + Xian Extension tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 114 today.
- Earn US$ 75+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walk the Great Wall + Xian Extension tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walk the Great Wall + Xian Extension tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walk the Great Wall + Xian Extension tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.