- City sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- duration 15 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Fully guided
- Visit Shanghai and its surrounding areas
- Enjoy a Yangtze River cruise
- See the Terracotta Army, City Wall of Xian & Giant Wild Goose Pagoda
- Explore the Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace & the Forbidden City in Beijing
Starting from Beijing, this tour continues to Xi’an and Shanghai. See the highlights and spectacular monuments in each of these cities as you travel. Explore the Great Wall and visit the Temple of Heaven and Tiananmen Square in the Chinese capital city. Dive deep into China's history in Xian, home to the more than 2,000 year old Terracotta Army and the ancient City Wall of Xian.
Contrast the antiquity of these monuments with the grand skyscrapers and modern outlook of Shanghai, one of the world's major financial centres. In between these destinations, you will also visit a water town in southern China, see a beautiful example of classic Chinese landscape gardening in Suzhou and discover the famous West Lake of Hangzhou.
Last but not the least, do not miss out on the experience of sailing down the Yangtze River and seeing the massive Three Gorges Dam. Enjoy your boat's luxurious amenities while taking in the sights along the majestic Yangtze. Also included in the tour price are bullet train and flight tickets. For more details, please scroll down to the itinerary below.
Thank you Lynn!”
Day 1: Beijing arrival
Day 2: Beijing: Great Wall (Mutianyu section) & Temple of Heaven
Day 3: Beijing: City sightseeing tour
Day 4: Beijing hutong tour and transfer to Xian by bullet train
Day 5: Visit Terracotta Warriors of Xian
Day 6: Xi’an sightseeing tour and transfer to Shanghai by flight
Day 7: Shanghai highlights tour
Day 8: Shanghai: Zhujiajiao Water Town
Day 9: Shanghai – Suzhou – Shanghai by private car
Day 10: Shanghai – Hangzhou – Shanghai by bullet train
Day 11: Shanghai – Yichang by flight
Day 12: Sail in the Yangtze River
Day 13: Sailing through Three Gorges
Day 14: Last day of sailing
Day 15: Chongqing arrival, half-day city sightseeing tour & departure
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 12 lunches and 3 dinners
- Pickup and drop-off transfers. All transport during the tour
- A private, English-speaking tour guide ( except during Yangtze River cruise tour)
- Bullet train tickets (second class) from Beijing to Xi'an (seat upgrade available upon request)
- Flight tickets (economic class) from Xi'an to Shanghai (seat upgrade available upon request)
- Flight tickets from Shanghai to Yichang and Chongqing to Shanghai (economy class). Seat upgrade available on request
- Round-trip Bullet train tickets (second class) from Shanghai to Hangzhou. Seat upgrade available on request
- All entrance tickets to the monuments as per the itinerary
- 4 nights in golden series cruise on a standard twin/double occupancy
- 10 nights 4 star hotel
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Excursions and tours mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Expenses that are personal in nature like laundry and phone calls
- China visa fees
- Accommodation: You can book accommodation with us (look for the accommodation addon) or by yourself
- Earn US$ 103+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease note for Yangtze river cruise: The above itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, water level, navigation and seasonal conditions. If there is additional time, one or two optional shore excursions may be organized according to sailing conditions. The fee for the optional shore excursions is not included in the cruise package. The itinerary on the boat is subject to update while boarding the cruise. We will inform you 24 hours before tour start time. Accommodation options: You can either book your hotel by yourself or book this tour with 4-star hotel accommodation by our selection. In case you book the tour with accommodation with us there is 10 nights' accommodation with breakfast based on double occupancy (standard room at 4star hotels)