- duration 23 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Undertake an epic train journey, traversing China, Mongolia & Russia
- Explore Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and Summer Palace in Beijing
- Day trip to remote section of The Great Wall
- Delight in a traditional Beijing Duck dinner in Beijing
Journey by rail from Beijing to St Petersburg via Mongolia. The Trans Siberian train journey has captured the imagination of travellers for decades. This superb itinerary combines the classic route from Beijing, with stopovers at many of the unique and exciting destinations en-route to Moscow. We begin in Beijing, where there is ample time to witness the iconic attractions of this great city, before continuing to the Mongolian capital of Ulaanbaatar. Our time on the Mongolian Steppe provides us with a taste of nomadic life as we stay in comfortable ger camps, travel across the vast grasslands and sample the warm hospitality of the local people. The next stage of our journey enters the heart of Siberia to Lake Baikal, the worlds deepest and largest freshwater lake. Finally, we head to the cities of Moscow, to soak up the immense history through visits to Red Square and the Kremlin, and then to beautiful St Petersburg to wander through the immense Hermitage.
Day 1 : Arrive Beijing
Day 2 : Forbidden City & Summer Palace
Day 3 : The Great Wall
Day 4 : Train to Ulaanbaatar
Day 5 : Arrive Ulaanbaatar
Day 6 : Th Khustain National Park
Day 7 : To Nomadic family
Day 8 : To Terelj National Park
Day 9 : In Terelj National Park
Day 10 : Return to Ulaanbaatar
Day 11 : Board train to Irkustk
Day 12 : Arrive Irkutsk transfer to Listvyanka
Day 13 : In and around Listyvanka
Day 14 : In Listyvanka, return to Irkutsk in the afternoon
Day 15-16 : On Train
Day 17 : Arrive Moscow
Day 18 : In Moscow
Day 19 : In Moscow. Overnight train to St Petersburg
Day 20 : Arrive St Petersburg, commence sightseeing
Day 21 : In St Petersburg
Day 22 : In St Petersburg
Day 23 : Trip Concludes
- Twinshare comfortable hotel in Beijing, Ulaanbaatar, Listvyanka, Moscow & St Petersburg
- Ger accommodation on a multishare basis in Mongolia
- 15 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 11 dinners
- Private transport and tours in Beijing, Mongolia, Siberia, Moscow & St Petersburg
- Fully escorted from Beijing to St Petersburg and local guides in each region
- 2nd class sleeper train travel in 4 berth cabin (option to upgrade to first class)
- Entrance fees to ans sightseeing as listed
- Any meals on trains or meals not listed in the itinerary
- Bottled water or any aerated or alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry etc
- International airfares and departure taxes
- Visa costs
- Travel Insurance (Compulsory)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 335 today.
- Earn US$ 222+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trans Siberian Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 February 2021, a deposit of 336 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Trans Siberian Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trans Siberian Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.