- duration 23 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Take an epic train journey, traversing China, Mongolia & Russia
- Discover Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and Summer Palace in Beijing
- Venture on a day trip on The Great Wall
- Experience the Naadam Festival in Mongolia
A spectacular train journey from Beijing to experience the wonders of Mongolia during Naadam Festival, Siberia, Moscow and St Petersburg. The Trans Siberian train journey has captured the imagination of travellers for many decades. This superb itinerary combines the classic train route with stopovers at many of the unique and exciting destinations en-route. Beginning in the Chinese capital Beijing there is ample time to witness the iconic attractions of this great city. Continuing to Ulaanbaatar, we experience the colourful Naadam Festival before heading to the Mongolian Steppe for a taste of nomadic life, staying in comfortable ger camps and experiencing the vast grasslands and the warm hospitality of the people with some 'Airag', the fermented mares milk which is a favourite of the Mongolians. The next stage of our train journey takes us to Irkutsk in the heart of Siberia. Lake Baikal is a highlight of this region, and we take time to explore the natural beauty of the surrounds. The final stage of our journey takes us to the cities of Moscow and St Petersburg where we soak up the immense history through visits to Red Square and the Kremlin in Moscow and the Hermitage in St Petersburg, as well as a multitude of lesser known sites which our Russian hosts will uncover.
Day 1 : Join Beijing
Day 2 : Forbidden City & Summer Palace
Day 3 : The Great Wall
Day 4 : Train to Ulaanbaatar
Day 5 : Arrive in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Day 6 : Naadam Festival at the Central Stadium
Day 7 : Horse Racing Festival &Terelj National Park
Day 8 : Dramatic landscapes of Terelj National Park
Day 9 : Experience Nomadic Life
Day 10 : Return to Ulanbaatar
Day 11 : Gandan Monastery then train to Irkutsk, Russia
Day 12 : Arrive Irkutsk, transfer to Lake Baikal
Day 13 : In Listvyanka
Day 14 : In Irkutsk, board train to Moscow
Day 15-16 : On Train
Day 17 : Arrive Moscow
Day 18 : In Moscow
Day 19 : In Moscow, train to St Petersburg
Day 20 : Arrive St Petersburg, City Tour
Day 21 : In St Petersburg
Day 22 : In St Petersburg
Day 23 : Trip concludes
- Twin share 3 star hotel in Beijing, Ulaanbaatar, Listvyanka, Moscow & St Petersburg
- Ger accommodation on a multi-share basis in Mongolia
- 16 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 11 dinners
- Private transport and tours in Beijing, Mongolia, Siberia, Moscow & St Petersburg
- Fully escorted from Beijing to St Petersburg and local guides in each region.
- 2nd class sleeper train travel in 4 berth cabin
- Entrance fees to museums and sites as detailed
- International flights and departure taxes
- All meals on the trains
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 356 today.
- Earn US$ 236+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trans Siberian Adventure Naadam Festival tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 March 2021, a deposit of 341 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Trans Siberian Adventure Naadam Festival tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trans Siberian Adventure Naadam Festival tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.