- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Ride the rails through Mongolia's grassy steppe and Siberia's taiga forests.
- Stay in a local village on Lake Baikal.
- Admire the grand structure of Moscow's Kremlin and Red Square.
- Marvel at the rich art collection in the Hermitage Museum
From bustling Beijing to the Hermitage in St Petersburg, travel halfway around the world in three incredible weeks. Board one of the world’s great trains and ride the rails on this once-in-a-lifetime trip across the grassy steppes of Mongolia and through the taiga forests of Siberia. Share train carriages with locals and spend nights in a Mongolian ger and a cozy Russian guesthouse. Not only does this trip provide the perfect blend of comfortable accommodations and plenty of activities, but also free time to explore this fascinating region at your own pace.
Day 1: Beijing
Day 2: Beijing/Ulaanbaatar
Day 3: Ulaanbaatar
Day 4: Ulaanbaatar/Gorkhi Terelj National Park
Day 5: Gorkhi Terelj National Park
Day 6: Gorkhi Terelj National Park/Irkutsk
Day 7: Irkutsk/Listvyanka
Day 8: Listvyanka
Day 9: Listvyanka/Irkutsk
Day 10: Irkutsk/Yekaterinburg
Day 11: Irkutsk/Yekaterinburg
Day 12: Yekaterinburg
Day 13: Yekaterinburg/Moscow
Day 14: Yekaterinburg/Moscow
Day 15: Moscow
Day 16: Moscow
Day 17: Moscow/Saint-Petersburg
Day 18: Saint-Petersburg
Day 19: Saint-Petersburg
- Hotels/guesthouses (11 nts), sleeper trains (5 nts), Mongolian ger (2 nts).
9 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 4 dinners
Note: Allow USD560-730 for meals not included.
- Train, private bus, metro, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Local Living Moment: Traditional Ger Stay, Gorkhi Terelj National Park
- China-Mongolia Railway
- Ulaanbaatar guided city tour including Gandan Monastery, Zaisan Hill and Bogd Khan Palace
- Chinggis Khaan Statue Complex visit
- Trans-Mongolian Railway
- Irkutsk city tour
- Lake Baikal stay (Listvyanka)
- Trans-Siberian Railway
- Yekaterinburg walking tour
- Trans-Ural Railway
- Red Square visit and Moscow metro orientation tour
- Kremlin and Armoury guided tour
- St Petersburg walking tour
- Hermitage Museum entrance
- Local meal suggestions and language and border-crossing support throughout
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Saint Petersburg are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Trans-Mongolian Express tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 205 today.
- Earn US$ 136+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trans-Mongolian Express tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Trans-Mongolian Express tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trans-Mongolian Express tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : RailGet closer to the big cities, isolated communities, and stunning landscapes of the world's greatest destinations via train-based adventures on iconic rail routes.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.