- Food tour
- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Sport tour, venues or tickets
- duration 2.5 hours
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Learn the art of Taiji Boxing with a master and disciple of the Yang style
- Take a mini tour of the Drum and Bell Tower neighbourhood
- Enjoy an authentic Beijing breakfast of steamed buns at a locals’ favourite restaurant
- Spend time with a Beijing native who will give you the inside track on local customs, Chinese etiquette, and what to see and do during your stay in this bustling metropolis
Take a kick-ass Taiji boxing class with a Yang-style master and find out why this type of martial art appeals to people the world over. Take a quick tour of the Drum and Bell district and its magical towers before stopping to sample an authentic Chinese breakfast, with your local guide leading the way. A fabulously enthralling and quirky way of immersing yourself in Chinese culture.
We will meet early in the morning and take a whistle stop tour of the delightful Drum and Bell district with its famous 13th-century towers. Then, it’s onto the main event: immersing yourself in the mystical world of Taiji Boxing.
For 90 minutes, you will follow a Taiji Master and disciple of Yang’s style of Taiji Boxing to learn about and then have a go at this ancient and revered Chinese sport. Taiji focuses on improving oneself mentally and physically, so be prepared to come away better than you began!
Characterised by deliberately slow, rhythmic movements, Taiji deals with the delicate balance between Yin and Yang and the harmony between human beings and nature. This makes it not only a martial arts theory but also a treasure trove of the profound wisdom of life. Once you have mastered the art of Taiji, worked up a sweat, and crammed your brain full of life lessons, it is time to fill our stomachs. We will visit a local restaurant to taste an authentic local breakfast, featuring steamed buns, fried dough sticks, mung bean milk, and stewed pork liver.
Our tour will end after our meal, but before you go, be sure to talk to your local guide to help you discover where locals eat, drink, and shop in Beijing, so that you can get the best out of the Forbidden City during your visit.
- Breakfast as per itinerary.&Nbsp;
- Local English-speaking guide
- Taiji lesson fee
- Additional food and drinks
- transportation to and from the meeting point
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Taiji Lesson and Local Breakfast in Beijing tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 November 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 November 2020, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Taiji Lesson and Local Breakfast in Beijing tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Taiji Lesson and Local Breakfast in Beijing tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
ShiChaHai Metro Station (line 8), outside of exit C.Meeting end point :
Drum and Bell Tower AreaCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.