- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 2.5 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Learn the art of Taiji Boxing with a master and disciple of the Yang style
- Take a mini tour of the Drum and Bell Tower neighbourhood
- Enjoy an authentic Beijing breakfast of steamed buns at a locals’ favourite restaurant
- Spend time with a Beijing native who will give you the inside track on local customs, Chinese etiquette, and what to see and do during your stay in this bustling metropolis
Take a kick-ass Taiji boxing class with a Yang-style master and find out why this type of martial art appeals to people the world over. Take a quick tour of the Drum and Bell district and its magical towers before stopping to sample an authentic Chinese breakfast, with your local guide leading the way. A fabulously enthralling and quirky way of immersing yourself in Chinese culture.
We will meet early in the morning and take a whistle stop tour of the delightful Drum and Bell district with its famous 13th-century towers. Then, it’s onto the main event: immersing yourself in the mystical world of Taiji Boxing.
For 90 minutes, you will follow a Taiji Master and disciple of Yang’s style of Taiji Boxing to learn about and then have a go at this ancient and revered Chinese sport. Taiji focuses on improving oneself mentally and physically, so be prepared to come away better than you began!
Characterised by deliberately slow, rhythmic movements, Taiji deals with the delicate balance between Yin and Yang and the harmony between human beings and nature. This makes it not only a martial arts theory but also a treasure trove of the profound wisdom of life. Once you have mastered the art of Taiji, worked up a sweat, and crammed your brain full of life lessons, it is time to fill our stomachs. We will visit a local restaurant to taste an authentic local breakfast, featuring steamed buns, fried dough sticks, mung bean milk, and stewed pork liver.
Our tour will end after our meal, but before you go, be sure to talk to your local guide to help you discover where locals eat, drink, and shop in Beijing, so that you can get the best out of the Forbidden City during your visit.
- Breakfast as per itinerary.&Nbsp;
- Local English-speaking guide
- Taiji lesson fee
- Additional food and drinks
- transportation to and from the meeting point
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Bookmundi is partner with Urban Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 37 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Taiji Lesson and Local Breakfast in Beijing tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Taiji Lesson and Local Breakfast in Beijing tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical InformationMeeting start point : ShiChaHai Metro Station (line 8), outside of exit C. Meeting end point : Drum and Bell Tower Area