- duration 27 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Marvel at The Great Wall
- Explore Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and Summer Palace in Beijing
- Visit Xian and the famous Terracotta Warriors
- Cross the Torugart pass in the Tian Shan mountains on one of the world's most remote high altitude roads
An extraordinary journey following the ancient Silk Road from China to Uzbekistan. This extraordinary journey follows the ancient silk route from its source in Xian, China, through an ever changing landscape to the fabled city of Samarkand, Uzbekistan. We begin with a tour of Beijing visiting all the sights before transferring to Xian by train to view the remarkable Terracotta Warriors. Along the China Silk Road we will also visit Xiahe and the enormous Tibetan monastery at Labrang, the Buddhist frescos in the Mogao Caves and the serene 'Heaven's Lake' deep in the Tian Shan mountains, before flying to Kashgar in time for the famous Sunday markets. We depart China over the Torugart Pass and cross into Central Asia, visiting the Kyrgyz capital of Bishkek, the tree lined streets of Tashkent and the walled city of Khiva. Continuing to Bukhara, we savour its rich history as we stroll through the bazaars, mosques and magnificent Summer Palace before travelling to Samarkand to view the impressive domes and minarets of The Registan - a collection of madrasahs, and one of the most impressive sights in Central Asia.
Day 1 : Arrive Beijing
Day 2 : Visit to The Forbidden City
Day 3 : The Great Wall & The Summer Palace
Day 4 : In Beijing, evening train to Xi'an
Day 5 : Xi'an City tour
Day 6 : Terracotta Warriors & Goose Pagoda
Day 7 : Train to Lanzhou, transfer to Linxia
Day 8 : Boat trip to Bing Ling Temple, afternoon drive to Xiahe
Day 9 : Labrang Monastery, return to Lanzhou and overnight train to Jiayuguan.
Day 10 : In Jiayuguan
Day 11 : To Dunhuang
Day 12 : Mogao Caves & train to Turpan
Day 13 : In Turpan (or Tulufun)
Day 14 : Drive to Urumqi
Day 15 : Heaven's Lake, and evening flight to Kashgar
Day 16 : Markets of Kashgar
Day 17 : Drive to Naryn via Torugart Pass
Day 18 : Drive to Lake Issyk-Kul
Day 19 : Drive to Bishkek
Day 20 : Visit Ala Archa National Park, evening flight to Tashkent
Day 21 : Morning flight to Urgench and transfer to Khiva
Day 22 : In Khiva
Day 23 : Travel to Bukhara
Day 24 : In Bukhara
Day 25 : To Samarkand
Day 26 : In Samarkand
Day 27 : To Tashkent, sightseeing and trip concludes
- Comfortable well located hotels and guesthouses on a twinshare basis
- 26 breakfasts, 13 lunches, 15 dinners
- All internal transport by train (soft sleeper) or private air conditioned vehicles
- Internal flights Urumqi/Kashgar, Bishkek/Tashkent/Khiva valued at approx. USD$481
- Group airport transfers on first & last days
- National tour leader in China and Central Asia plus local specialist guides throughout
- Local sightseeing, including entrance fees to monuments as listed in itinerary
- Emergency medical kit
- Assistance in arranging visas
- Meals not indicated in the program
- Any optional tours, and entrance fees and permits during free time
- Expenditure of a personal nature such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry
- Visas – Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan (plus an administration fee), China – note visa costs subject to change without notice and may vary according to group size.
- Tips and gratuities
- International airfares and taxes
- Personal travel insurance (compulsory)
- Excess luggage charges
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 226 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 311 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 01 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Silk Road to Samarkand via Kashgar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Silk Road to Samarkand via Kashgar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.