- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18-29 yrs
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Eat your way through China from Beijing duck to Sichuan pepper, and challenge yourself with authentic local delicacies like silk worms, spicy rabbit head and beer fish.
- Walk the walk on the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall, watching the stones snake as far as the eye can see. If you’d like, you can even toboggan back down!
- Go local every step of the way. See marquee highlights like the Terracotta Warriors with a local guide and sip tea with residents in People’s Park.
- Watch rolly polly baby pandas playing, munching bamboo and generally doing their cute ol' thing at the Panda Breeding Centre.
You could travel for a lifetime in China and there would still be more to explore, taste and experience… but this 12-day tour does a pretty good job of narrowing it down to the essentials. That means big hitters like the Great Wall, the Terracotta Warriors and baby pandas. But it also means sipping tea in people’s Park, tasting street food in Xi’an and chilling in the misty countryside of Yangshuo. Ni hao baby!
Highlight is Karijini NP. Warra is our guide, driver and also as
cook for us, thanks a lot for your hard work. Lucky to meet you.”
Great Wall / Beijing
Beijing / Overnight Train
Xi'an / Chengdu
- Hotel (10 nights), Overnight Hard Sleeper Train (1 night)
- 1 Lunch
- Overnight Hard Sleeper Train , Public bus , Private vehicle , High-speed Train , Subway , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Beijing - Mutianyu Great Wall (entransce fee, transfer included)
- Beijing - Tiananmen Square
- Beijing - Leader-led hutong walking tour
- Xi'an - Musllim quarter walking tour and snack sampling
- Xi'an - Big Wild Goose Pagoda Square walking tour
- Xi'an - Terracotta Warriors Tour (entrace fee, transport, local guide included)
- Chengdu - Walking tour (Tianfu Square, People's Park and Kuanzhai Lane)
- Chengdu - Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (entrance fee & transport included)
- Yangshuo - Leader-led walking tour
- Yangshuo - Countryside cycling
- Hong Kong - Leader-led walking tour
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Hong Kong are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Real China tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 45+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Real China tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 February 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Real China tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Real China tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an 18-29s trip; full of fun, flexibility and plenty of free time to explore at your own pace. If you are looking for a similar itinerary that you can book at any age, see our China Experience trip. Enter code CBSJ on the website search engine.
- This trip packs a lot into a short amount of time, with very little time spent in our starting and finishing cities. We highly recommend allocating extra time in Beijing and Hong Kong before and after your trip if you want to explore them in depth.
- Travelling like a local isn’t always glamourous. The overnight train travel included on this trip is in ‘hard sleeper’ class, meaning carriages are sectioned off with six-sleepers per compartment in tiers of three. It’s not luxury, but it’s efficient and a way to spend time with local travellers. If you would prefer more comfort, upgrades to ‘soft sleeper’ (2 tier/4 berth compartments with lockable doors) can be booked (subject to availability) through your agent.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.