- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Guided tour of Xi'an's world famous Terracotta Warriors
- Explore Xi'an and its myriad of attractions
- Stay overnight in a Lijiashan cliffside guesthouse built into a cave
- Visit the beautiful and ornate Black Dragon temple near Lijiashan
The north of China has long been the country's seat of
power, and this tour takes in many of the major historical sites between Xi'an
and the capital, from the life-size Terracotta Army to Beijing's Tiananmen
Square and the Forbidden City, and of course the Great Wall of China, one of
the New Seven Wonders of the World, where we'll walk along the Jinshanling
section. We'll also explore the ancient walled city of Pingyao, the Yungang
Grottoes and Hanging Monastery near Datong, the city of Chengde, and the UNESCO
World Heritage Site of Wutai Shan, one of China's four Sacred Buddhist
Day 1: Xi'an
Day 2: Xi'an
Day 3: Yan'an
Day 4: Lijiashan
Day 5: Pingyao
Day 6: Pingyao
Day 7: Pingyao
Day 8: Wutai Shan
Day 9: Wutai Shan
Day 10: Datong
Day 11: Datong
Day 12: Jinshanling
Day 13: Chengde
Day 14: Chengde
Day 15: Beijing
Day 16: Beijing
Day 17: Beijing
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Metro, Taxi
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary, One Local Crew Member
- 9 Breakfasts
- 1 Lunches
- 1 Dinner
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Xian are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Northern Chinese Wanderer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 92 today.
- Earn US$ 61+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Northern Chinese Wanderer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Northern Chinese Wanderer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Northern Chinese Wanderer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.